Saturday, November 29, 2003

You Fucking Insecure Bitch....
Control and Manipulation....

So this is my post about Thanksgiving Dinner.....it was incredible to say the least, I had a great time, and better yet, day. I came back to Lowell and crashed from being tired from working the night prior..then I got some calls, enough to wake me but not answer on time. I retrieved voicemails and started getting my day going...

yeah I did laundry on that day believe it or not..but then as loads were finishing up went over to mike's house for some grub...they don't like turkey so they had chicken, suits me just fine, had my lunch or whatever you may call it there, I enjoyed it..we sat around and played yahtzee or some crap, didn't understand what was going on, but I didn't get last, I suppose that's all that matters...the packers lost to detroit, pitiful, and as 4 came round I realized I blew off dinner at my grandparents, so I made my call to them, note that they didn't call me at all, and just explained to them how I was tired and missed it, told them I would be up there in a day or two to eat and whatnot..yeah my grandma was upset a little....

then I sat around, looked through the sale paper which I had to pick up at 6am when I arrived in town..mapped out my plan of attack, writting down where to go, what to get from where and everything, I'm so crazy like that....killed some time before zach called me and invited me over to eat at his family's place..so I headed on over there and that's when everything seemed to fall into place...

I remember having thanksgiving over there last year as well, maybe I was a little nervous or felt out of place then, just a bit maybe, but nothing of that came up then..maybe it was the alcohol, ha..but seriously, I felt like part of the family, I had my assigned chair, hell yes the one with arms on the end and I could casually converse with anyone in the family as I pleased....if anything, this was family to me, I forgot about blowing off my grandparents, not being able to eat with certain people, other families, I was one with the family that night..I don't know how to explain it..and even though the oven door fell off, that just added to the real family experience of it..hell I hope to have thanksgiving there every year...andi can just imagine taking a would be girlfriend over to meet "my" family and going there..haha

but yeah dinner was excellent, smacking the jello tradition, saying what you were thankful for, conversing with zach and his family, it was a wonderful experience....one thing that sticks out is I respired a place for mashed potatoes, thinking that there were some, maybe because that's something my family always used to have and I thought I was in that realm, but when I asked for them they said there were none, but they'll make them next year for me, ha.

then after dinner it got a little crazy...I got several calls throughout the evening, and dinner as well, sorry, but people were requesting our presence, mostly zach's, but they wanted to get together and visit, chat, drink coffee, and smoke it up..but in lies the problem that zach has to go back to Lafayette that night because Anne and her mom drove him up, went to Hammond to have thanksging, and were returning...so we had 45 minutes to do the meet and greet, then rush off...our first stop was jimmy c's....there is were time was killed....Dilemma part two arouse when jimmy made plans earlier to go to the mall of America..and he really didn't want to go....so if zach were to stay in town, jimmy would re-nig on his plans and also stay...time started crunching, last minute deacon....and zach "knew" he had to go back, so then jimmy was forced to stick with his original plans....

zach knew we lost a lot of time at jimmy's and wanted to head back, but there was still one more stop that needed to be taken...I flew him there, we ran in, said hi's to everyone, even though we walked into a morgue it seemed..everybody dead from the turkey or something, but zach and I were just rearing to go...so after the quick chatting, I once again grabbed zach, rambled off some crap, and we left and headed back to zach's...no sooner did we pull in and get in the door, did Anne and her mom drive up as well...we just made it, damn I'm good, he he...

so we acted naturally, all was good for the rest of the night, more talking, well, not everything was "good" persay, but yeah....zach's dad, zach, and I had a nice man chat, it was really cool to just stand there and chat up certain things....hell, we kept drilling zach which was funny, he knows what we're talking about, love ya...but the night ended and zach and his group left (zach maybe with his tail between his legs...) but they left around 11..and here's the funny thing, he left standing on the one half, while I stood with his parents and said goodbye from there...he left, and I was still there, his family and I chatted it up for the rest of the evening....I think it was 2 am or so before we all decided to call it quits and head to bed..then it was my turn to leave....it was really interesting just talking with zach's parents, and he wasn't even there, though he was the main topic of conversation....

yeah, main topic of conversation, would have to labeled under love...with the undertones of woman are evil, or how about insecurities, control, manipulation, jealousy, selfish, stubborn, all or nothing...and I could continue...yeah it was good to talk and have other reflect their opinions on the subject...we all came to the same conclusions and basically agreed with each other....it was quite the experience, and i loved every second of it...the day was great, the family essence, talking the shit up with people, wow...

No comments: