Saturday, November 15, 2003

Q-uo-tes....with a K
Do it for them, and in return you'll be doing for yourself....

Alright, so yesterday i visited olivia briefly at work, this was around 5 or so to see what time she was going on break....well the poor thing was feeling sick, and so i tried doing what i normally would do in given situation.....i asked her if she needed anything, wanted to go home, this and that...and since i was leaving, remember i said briefly, i offered her the oppurtunity to ask for something while i was out...and then of course i went in a ramble with my fast and quick, answering myself, speach....i rambled about wanting oranges, chicken noodle soup, and then i "said" if she wanted something from the mall, how bout a cinabon, she obviously declined everything...

but of course I went off into my world about "ohh that sounds good", and since i was hungry and hadn't eaten and was tryingto decide while i was there, someone suggested i go get that for myself...i stopped in my ramble, looked at them and laughed...i said, "what, no, are you kidding me, that'd be stupid..why would i endure the lengthy drive, time and money spent, and wasted energy just to please myself and put a smile on my face when i know that the spinning thing right there would suffice....but for someone else, yeah, i'd do it; to them it means a lot more, or should unless they take you for granted, i wouldn't think twice about doing something random like that, nearly killing myself, to put a smile on their face, because that in itself is pleasing to me....lord knows i don't do for myself.." and wit that comment the stunned audience chuckled it in, they knew it was true, but the randomness of my speach was suprising..i got a good laugh out of it, and now a post...

alright, but what i said was bascially true...i could have goneand goten myself a cinabon if i so wished, i have that power...but the end result of filling my stomache with an overpriced danish with an enduring night drive to the dark land wouldn't componsate everything else....yeah it would have been nice, but there are other things that can please me just as well, and i'll just find something to eat that tastes good and fills me up, let my pleasure be lured in by moving ceilnig tiles or flashy things that also make noise, call me ADHD, but i find the small things in life worth enjoying...but as i was saying, had somebody else wanted it, not a problem, i'll be back in a flash...my reward lies in their gift...and if you make somebody hapy by doing something "small" like that, they're worth it....

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"but i find the small things in life worth enjoying.."
that's it you're getting me a card for my bday, it could be an electronic one lol
it's a classic, uh?
Ps. today's cinabon 2x1