Sunday, November 23, 2003

Long Day, Longer Night....
Love Actually....

So the movie we decided to see was Love Actually..and actually I liked it, bests the hell out of me why, I mean it was a cheap, happy go lucky, movie/fairy tale esque movie...but I liked it..it was like the untwisted love version of magnolia...there were sad moments, happy moments, moments I could relate to, so I think overall I'd buy it. one point I felt so bad I wanted someone to hold me, yet wasn't wanting to reach out and touch someone else, but whatever...oh, yeah and I just realized, I paid for her movie..I think I was wondering how that came about after the purchase, but whatever....it becomes an official date once a payment like that is done, I never thought it was a date, damn people..but then again, good things come to those who pay for movie tickets...or so I was told?

anyways, we left the movie theater and went out to the parking lot in search of Vince and jimmy wit my vehicle...I heard the air horn go off and said, "that's my car" so we get in the car and start off...I ask where to and nobody cares, then someone mentions home..so I ask Xtina if she was up for a trip to Lowell...and she says sure..then I kept asking, making sure everything is ok, asking if she wants a change of clothes, asking if she really wants to go through with it..her only request was that she be back by 530 Sunday...so she starts directing me towards the highway and just as I am about to turn for the on ramp she says you can't be serious and got a little scared..so all in all we didn't go home at that time....

we went back to her dorm, Vince and jimmy waited in the car.....after the first 30 minutes they placed bets to see how much longer I'd be..one saying 7 minutes longer, the other 15 or so....they were off by a long shot...the dorm was small, smaller than my single, and she had a roommate..I guess I was lucky when I was at UofM..had it been a single I would have said it was nice, but damn, I kept forgetting not because the roommate (jimmy's girl) was gone. a couple hours later I come down and find them sleeping in the car..I suppose if Vince were in the backseat instead of the driver's I would have got in a drove away, but I woke them and asked if they would like to come up. Vince opted to stay in the car..Jimmy liked the dentist seat he was in, probably would have preferred it over the sleeping conditions he was about to get, but went up with me only to sleep on the floor...sorry. there were bunkbeds, but she wouldn't let us sleep on the bottom one because it was her roomies....

I couldn't get comfortable with someone laying next to me, and didn't much sleep...if it wasn't for the fact I was happy to sleep, I probably would have never passed out like I did. but nonetheless I woke up early and started to stir around waking up my other sleeping partners...we left EMU and got a going and back on the road..we took our turns driving, we were still tired, but we just needed that nap to get us re-charged...I never did go back for the notebooks or anything at UofM, it was too early..we got back to Lowell and parted our ways..I think everyone crashed in their respective beds after that...

so overall we made the best of the trip, it was fun, though I suppose the next trip I'll make by myself, just certain things I didn't/couldn't get accomplished there, less restrictions trying to cater to their needs, but oh well...I need my damn notebooks, and a nice blue shot glass, and cash in more cans - every passenger eats up $15+ worth of cans....I did have some inspiration, Xtina was a little muse of sorts, though sleeping there rid all those thoughts, so I guess it wasn't very productive..yeah I just need to spend a couple days up there, to myself, watching people walk around, sit around., it'll be good. so when will I be up again..well those same two made a bet when I will return.....I say sometime in January, then I will have two days off in a row and it'll be all good..but others have their doubts....

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

YES! #LoveActually I was already falling asleep but I knew this post would've come, because that movie was released on 2003 in your country, in mine on 2004 lol

"Breathtaking" TIME
"cheap, happy go lucky, movie/fairy tale esque movie" JANGUS
"I smell a christmas classic" Rolling Stone
"Did brits made this?" Vulture

gnight