Monday, November 08, 2004

No School Rant!!!
But Maybe...in the distance...

So just as I made the decision to never go to college ever....mother fucking ever, I get this....I'll explain..

so in the past couple of weeks I have been denouncing college as having any use whatsoever, especially for the people I know and live around. I wouldn't say I'm talking them out of going to college, but then again I might be a liar...so I was just giving then real life options...maybe even existential options, for those who believe in that sort of thing, not I, I'm more of a bleak pessimist like Sartre..anyways....so yeah, school is stupid to me...if I want to learn something, I'll either go to the library to get a book on it, or I'll fucking live it and get my own damn experiences, make sense?

this how I have been thinking for the past month....another thing that got to me is I am a fairly intelligent person...and I have been called "bright" by some, and when I use bright of course I am talking about how I pick up on things...so I'm a quick learner, I know that's a bullshit line when you have and interview, but it's fucking true with me...fucking teach me something...I'll repeat it for a bit, BOOM, it's mastered, no biggie now give me something else before I revamp what you got here and make it better.....but there are things I want to do, or would prefer doing...but I just can't get into them because, and here's the clincher, I don't have schooling..whatever....

My question to society is this, what happened to apprenticeships? Do they exist anymore, because if they do, I'll be there in a heartbeat. You know what I'm talking about...there's this person who is skilled in this one trade and somebody that has to replace him wants to study underneath him to learn it all, then does replace him when guy A retires or dies....where is that now...am I missing that because if I am, well I'm a fool....but that's all I really fucking need, is a damned apprenticeship.....if I were able to be taught something that I wanted or liked to do, I may like it a little bit more..

I suppose what I am getting at is, let me train under a photographer, I'll pick up the shit then I could do something with it..until then I am just a hack, dare I say, poser..I really don't know what I am doing, and whenever I have asked anybody else they won't help me...maybe it's because all photographers I have ever met are pompous too good for the world fucks (I should fit right in, no?) but seriously, they all talk like their shit don't stink, they are some sort of gods...what, because they can point and shoot.....well I can mother fucking do that.....

then some may say, well why don't read up on photography - can it bitch, I don't like to read one...I have read some shit, doesn't get me anywhere I want to be...I can read til my eyes bleed, put me in that god forsaken real life scenario and I've got nothing...I like to be taught, physically, hands on, situation by situation....I'll get the understanding eventually..remember I am a quick learner....

so yeah, fuck school apprenticeships are the way to go..just do what you fucking want, live your god-damned life...you want to act, move to cali..be a waiter/waitress and try it out.....you want to sing, quit school....it won't help you any bit..save your money people...do what your soul is telling you to do, otherwise you'll regret it in the end...

that said...I stated no school for me..then ghosts and paranormal activity was mentioned tonight..people are afraid of the fucking ouija board (lame ass) and other things of that nature...I'm all about, because I wanted to go to school to become a parapsychologist.....so that made me want to go back, just for that.....but I know it won't happen...I'll live my life as a drifter and in 3-5 years I'll be hiking in Europe...that's my plan so fuck everyone else. Ta-mother fucking-TA

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...


“So just as I made the decision to never go to college ever....mother fucking ever” oh boy, you’re funny, you make me laugh

“I'm more of a bleak pessimist like Sartre.” yeah, you’re such a Sartre, so then I guess Slavov Zizek is a name you may like, well not the name but his ideas.

“I'll fucking live it and get my own damn experiences, make sense?”makes sense

“photographers I have ever met are pompous “ hahaha am I? god I hope not… but yeah most are

apprenticeships? oh yes, I would like to be a nurse apprentice or baker apprentice. I think those are called internship now

“3-5 years I'll be hiking in Europe..” omg yes, let’s go for it!