Sunday, November 28, 2004

I Left Too Soon....
too young, too soon...
Part 2

So I traversed up north...my first stop was Meijer...their sale started at 5, the earliest...I worked on my plan of attack while in the parking lot, I only needed to go to three other stores..and I was hoping for an early finish to what would be a long day....

so I tried to sleep in my car, that proved to be pointless...then I noticed everyone running into meijer at 4..I'm thinking it's an hour early but what the hell...so I go in, get a shopping cart and start to cruise around...I get to this one point where there is a huge line...it's wrapped around produce to almost the candy wall...that was where I was...I did become longer than that after a little bit....so I waited in the line not knowing what for..people were getting behind me, and then I asked someone...it was for the TV and DVD doorbusters....ok, well pete wanted a DVD player so might as well stay in this line...

the line started to move shortly after 5, that's right, about an hour in the line I stood...and you know...it would just so happen that I was about ten carts from the end of the line when they said they were out of DVD players...whatever....

so then I turned around to get into a checkout line...that's when I noticed the hordes of people and plastic.....I got into the first line..I wasn't going to even try to fanagle my way through to a different line....this is where I had my one shitty moment of the day....I wasn't upset or anything, in fact I laugh whenever bad things happen on this day, what do you expect, it's Black Friday...why else would you be out in the crowd less you get some sick pleasure from it like me....

anyways, as I was standing in line the people in front of me were trying to navigate the line around the corners...and as I walked up to the end of the line, this lady with a shopping cart met me there....we both just stood there, not sure who was in front of who...the ladies were wrapping it around in my direction, but there was enough gap for the lady with the cart to get in..that's when I had my moment...she claimed she was behind the ladies directing, thus in front of me...so I turned to the ladies and said, "this line is for the self check out right?" "yes" "and correct me if I'm wrong, but the self check out is an express check out line right.....only allowing for 12 items or less....and you Madame far cede the warranted amount so I'll be damned if you are getting in front of me with that cart..." she got a little huffy about it then left..yeah, I'm self righteous, what's it to you...

but I had my act of good will only moments later....so mid way through the line I noticed this girl who had but one item...and I watched her because she looked so at a loss for having only one item..I felt bad, I've been in that situation, I know how that feels....so as I am only a couple people from the actual point of checkout I turn to her and of into my act, "stacey?? is that you? oh shit, I didn't even see you there, and hell I've been looking all around for you...funny we met in the same line" and now as I am saying that I am approaching her, she has this "what, me?" look on her face..so I try to get to her as quickly as possible, I hug her and as I am doing so I whisper, "play along"...so I return to my spot in the front of the line with her...now she can't say "gee thanks" because I just let her cut in front of the people I just made friends with behind me...so I kept rambling, about school, her baby, the penske files....it was amazing...I checked out and then ran like hell out of the store....

so I made it to my other stores...thank god for Amy at Kohls, she saved me an hour's worth of time from waiting in line, just had to meet her later to pick up my one item, the blue scarf I am currently wearing...but because of her generosity I was able to do the other things on my list...sorta...the major things I got done, the things I hoped to get accomplished...but there were things I still wanted to do, I could live without, and in fact am living right now, but I still think I left too soon...

I didn't get together with a couple people who randomly found out I was in town and wanted to see me, so I was disappointed...and then I never got a good goodbye in with Brooke..

I honestly think there's something wrong with me, I can't give hugs like I used to, I'm all discordinated..I have no idea what my purpose is, what my message is....everybody probably thinks I'm being shitty to them, but in all reality I don't even know what is going on....and the one crucial hug I mess up on..yeah, just turn the ball over into her field, way to blow...

so I left town...but it was too soon, I was tired on my drove home...I think I slept in my car on the side of the road for a bit...I didn't make it to work...and I have been sick ever since....good ol weekend tell you what...

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"I laugh whenever bad things happen on this day, what do you expect, it's Black Friday...why else would you be out in the crowd less you get some sick pleasure from it like me.... " generally, I don't like crowds..

aaaa, who's self righteous?

hahahaha jesus, you're unbelievable, the Stacey act of good will