Sunday, December 14, 2003

Missing Days Like "I Miss You"

Yeah, another day slipped by without a post from me...well it was never my intention to make a post everyday, but come close to it..and I think just as of late it seemed like it was the norm, a post everyday...but I've been letting a couple get away....am I too lazy to post or too busy doing other things, depends....but I feel as if I am making up for it, or giving the readers a break, I mean hell the other day I had three posts, so it just depends..today will probably be the same, keep the average up, ha...

so let's see, how's this for starters, I left target Saturday morning at 10:15...yeah, an 11 hour shift, how crazy am I? I was in electronics the entire time as well, though there was somebody in there (not really helping...) I still was in there talking to myself...the backroom left at 7, leaving lots of shit still needing to be backstocked, I told them I was staying til 4 in the afternoon, so they let me, since electronics really should be clean every night, yet we've been carrying over everynight all week. so martha and I stayed..she annoyed me even more that last hour from 7 to 8 with her mindless ramblings about her parrot....probably wouldn't haveanooyed me so much if she were actually scanning things in, instead of standing by my ladder or tub talking away.....well she left at 8 and I was free as a bird. of course that's when the store opens and as soon as I sstuck my head out the electronics stockroom I was mauled by customers asking questions. God I enjoyed it, I looked like a day person as well, with my red target shirt, khaki pants, and even my "Skittles" nametag, all was good...I think I'm the only overnight person to want to stay til the customers come so I can harass, or be harassed by them (I'm a glutton for punishment)....so I went back to my cell and closed the door, now I was safe yet secluded, free yet held hostage, funny way to look at it..and I continued to backstock by myself for another two hours (I earned a break, yet I never took one, probably should have...) but yeah, I cleaned that shit up and all was good, I left at 10:15 like I said, many people surprised to still see me there that late/early, god I rock.....

what else happened..oh after that I was wide awake, go figure, bouncing off the walls wherever I went....and since I had the day off I could stay awake and do as I pleased....I took a shower and then afterwards picked out my clothes, now this is the funny thing..you should have seen me trying to decide what clothes I wanted to wear..I had the pants picked out (a pair of worn looking blue jeans) and a jacket (my original gray overcoat) and had to make my ensemble of the rest based off of that...it was funny.....but what gets even better, I spent all this time critiquing every outfit, actually doing my hair for once, and you know what I did, laid (laid isn't the right word to use in a chair, but yeah) went to sleep in my chair after the first 30 minutes..got to love that...after waking up feeling uncorfotable and partially cold I went and laid down....only to be awoken by my crotch vibrating, not pleasant let me tell you..yeah the phone was ringing...

it was, (should I say, one of the lovelies? or would that just piss you off..) well anyways I was just waking up so I was out of it, but luckily (and I love this girl for this reason..well that and because it reminbds me of someone else...) there wasn't much for conversation, a lot of pauses, now that's a conversation to me..basically we were both bored, me just waking up to thre boredom, but bored none-the-less...the silence allowed for me to gain back my senses and occasionally throw in a tidbit every now and then..so then I say this brilliant line, "well I'm boring and unoriginal, you just want to watch a movie?" seeings that's usually the first thing for activity that's on my mind when I wake up in a darkened room with a girl (whether on the phone or in person I suppose)

so I went and picked her up, and to my surprise it was snowing, god yes snow! the roads were slippery as hell, but I enjoyed it, but didn't enjoy the slow drivers..driving slow is alright, but 25 in a 55 is ridiculous...anyways, snow, yeah, I was happy....ohh, but you know what I missed, the damn parade of lights that Lowell had..yeah I wanted to see that shit, it usually makes me happy, suffering the bitter cold to see a slow ass parade of crappily made floats with rope lights on it....

so anyways, we rented Bruce Almighty, yeah, can't remember the last time I've seen Jim Carey in a film...I went through the, "he's a sellout earning too much money, I miss the old In Living Color Jim" phase right around liar liar...speaking of liars..wait that's another post....but yeah, I enjoyed this movie, it was still Jim Carey, but a good movie none other....but here's the thing, I felt awkward...why you ask, well you should probably know by now..but I was watching a movie (darkened room sort of thing), with a girl that I do adore (knowing certainly well that nothing is going to happen either now or in the future), but it wasn't the right girl I suppose. maybe it's just me, and maybe I put too many fixations on certain things, who knows, but routines and things of that nature feel off when it's with someone else. I mean if it were up to me i'd be spending the rest of my short-lived life of movie watching with her, it would only seem right..but that's all gone now. so then there's this girl and me watching a movie on a couch, ha, I laugh at the mere thought. but it was best that we stayed on opposite sides on the couch, as much as I wanted to hold her, I probably would have been doing so for all the wrong reasons, then again who am I to say anything, some people can just pick up and start anew like that...I really wanted velveeta shells and cheese with the movie....

so yeah movie done and we're on our way, but we get stopped by barcus and teresa. after a lengthy conversation wherein I meandered the falling snow dancing and spinning in the streets, falling at times and singing my free wheelin' bob dylan (now it would have been great to have posed and a picture taken like on the ocver of the album itself, the ideals of love...) but after that whatever I dropped he off and went about my ways..and barcus/teresa found me so I went off with them driving around, I was in the backseat serenading them with my guitar, hell yes live concert...so that was good and fun..and it ended my night, ironically enough at midnight..yeah basically it stopped there...I may have stayed up a little bit longer, but I know I passed out sometime thereafter, never changing my clothes therefore sleeping an uncomfortable sleep...and here I am...

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

I see... about Jim Carrey, I never had In Living Color on the tv...
I've watched his films since I was a kid and... I was not the judge critic but I enjoyed those, I liked The Mask, Liar Liar, The Truman Show (I mean, how good!), Pet Detective (even the name hahaha), of course Bruce Almighty... and then Yes, Man and Eternal Sunshine... (wow!). The last two I watched when I was circa 18 years old... so... then I watched Kidding (2018)! (OH GO, YOU HAVE TO WATCH THAT SHOW!)
I like him, he's funny, have you seen his SNL audition? Sure, he has some trash films...but the good ones are the ones that I remembered the most.

Thanks for reading and in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night! LOL