Monday, December 15, 2003

Illegal Activity in the Caribbean.....
Part 3

So we all know that when a big movie comes out, stores have displays for them, and movie buffs like to get their hands on as many as humanly possible, where as fans like to do the same, only for specific movies..so therein you have the conflict...arena: ALCO battling today, and many days to come the contestants Nate Vs Jason....yeah, now here's me, if there's a movie I appreciated and really liked, yeah, then I'll want the display..it's such a rarity though, I mean I hardly ever get out to see a movie in the theater, and the ones that I do are "mediocre" in nature, lacking themedia thrust that would allow for alco to acquire such a display..while nate gets his dirty little paws on anything that hits the floor...but this rivalry doesn't begin today, this goes way back, a long long time ago~~~~

I had just recently started working at alco, actually this may be couple months down the road in fact, but not several...anyways, the ocean's 11 display was made, I liked the way it looked, all 3-D and pretty, I figured, well I saw it in the theater, I have both DVD's already, why not have something cool like the display tp add to the collection...so I "claimed", though not the correct way, I didn't know there was one, I figured word of mouth was good enough, but it seemed to be that you had to deface the back of the display by putting your name on it..and then when nate say it he quickly asked for a marker, and as always I am my own undoing, I gave him one..well from there he ran over to the display and put his name on it..I tried to argue with him, he had his points and was correct, and I had my valid points, so who was right??? well the F'er got the display anyways...

months down the road Sweet Home Alabama is on display...and nate iswondering if he wants it or not....he finally decides to write his name down, but says he really doesn't know if the life size Reese will work for him.....so when I took down te display, I took Reese with..and we all know about Reese, yeah she's in the trunk now, but she's had her moments....



anyways, so he came to the conclusion I "stole" it from him, and that now all of a sudden he wanted Reese...well them I figured we were even, he took my display, I took a piece of his, remember, he still has the rest of the thing, I just have Reese...then comes the Lizzie McGuire display, and of course Jason has to have that right? When I put my name on it, it was well into the week so everyone had their time to claim it if they so chosed...but when the display became emptied, nate ran off with it......I even got a nice ransom letter for the damned thing..but the laugh is on him, not only did I get the same (well, different but similar) display, I got a big one from target, ha, shows him....anyways, to the present we go....

so new movies are released ontuesdays, for those of you who don't know..freaks, so when I went into alco, mind you early in the morning that fateful Tuesday, I walked over to the display, only to see nate's name already on it.....I figured I was beat..but then I wondered how he got his name on it so quickly, he didn't work that morning, so when I asked around I got the answer, the horrifying truth that lay in a underhanded deceiving moce....he opened the display box up days prior to the release and put his name on it.....this is a bozo no-no in the war on display claimers....I remember going through the rules with nate a long while back, back when spiderman was released..and the deal was it had to reachthe sale floor to put your name on it, no backroom/behind the scenes claimage..of course this went into many many different outtakes and scenarios...but that was one of the rules..and he broke it....

well that brings us to yesterday, and needless to say, the display was emptied and brought to the back of the store....nate didn't work that Sunday, and as a form of punishment (yes I am a self-righteous bastard) took it upon myself to do so, and grabbed the display...and now I have it....it's not anything special really...the fucks who put it together threw out some of the pieces because they couldn't follow directions...so the sides are useless, but I the toppers is still good and worth it.....now there's one person who I know who would love to have it, and yeah she probably would have gotten it too (remember I never do for myself) but if anything I'll probably end up giving it to her sister....

No comments: