Saturday, December 27, 2003

A Day with Brooke.....

Whodathunk I'd ever use that title again..though one word is still missing, I'll deal with it, but this is an account for the day's events, enjoy...

so I finally caved with my stance of not getting together with her over break, she gave a convincing argument, or I just have no balls, whatever the case may be, call it a Christmas present for her of sorts I suppose..anyways we decided to meet up at the Wendy's in Sherrillville for lunch..this was at 1:40 or so....we ate, and spent two hours in there talking..yeah there were awkward moments as well, but that's normal...there was a chase scene out in the grass of the parking lot that went on for sometime, nice run around game of I stole your keys sort of thing...and you know the first thing that came to my mind when I caught her *~@flashback@~* to a time long ago, back when I worked at costas, and the battle for the bananas....

after eating we didn't want to just call it a day right then and there, so we decided to try and see a movie, not the word try....we went over to showplace and came to the realization there wasn't crap playing, yet the parking lot would have made you think otherwise..so then it was to AMC in Merrillville....this was the first SNAFU of the evening...the problem occurred when we arrived at different time at the parking lot..I got stuck in traffic but was ahead of of Brooke, so when she arrived, she got there before me, but had the impression I should have been there...and to top off the confusion she had earlier stole my phone and I'd forgotten all about it, so I was thus unable to call and communicate what was going down....I eventually got to a payphone after waiting outside for over 20 minutes, I guess we just missed each other too she leaves as I enter...

so we finally met up after the call and headed to best buy to use the bathroom (we both had to go since wendy's..) barcus was working and I chatted with him...he sold me on a new phone in the process as well...funny thing we saw brooke's stepbrother nick there as well, random....so we had some time to kill before our movie started so we decided to go "eat" at TGIFriday's....the waiter sucked so that stirred the waters a bit, but things got better...then it was off to the movie, "Love Actually" good good movie, I recommend it to anyone...

so then at the end of the movie (ending at ten) I brought Brooke back to her car in the AMC oarking lot( we saw the movie at lowe's, I know, hard to follow..) but another problem came about, I was supposed to work that Friday night and therefore needed a red shirt, and you know me, I don't just wear red for any ol reason except to go to work in..but luckily Brooke had on a Brand New shirt on (not brand new, but the group brand new, though I am assuming it was brand new..anwyays) so I was allowed to borrow that and the night was complete, but that also meant another encounter will occur, there was a long hug given, and then a kiss on the cheek.....and we parted our ways..and yes I had to fly to work because we were back on the old schedule since Christmas has passed....

So if there's any doubt, there's still the one person who has the power to make me drive anywhere to see her, see a movie twice, see a movie in the theater twice for that matter, and make me late to work..on a double truck day as well..and she still thinks I hate her.....

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...



" I finally caved with my stance of not getting together with her over break, she gave a convincing argument,or I just have no ball" c'mon, we know that's not it...
(I had a dejavu reading this part “I guess we just missed each other too she leaves as I enter.” weird but reassuring)
PS. I’m not gonna quote it but aaaaww the last paragraph
Ps2. I couldn't finish YOU today/yesterday.. ugh just 2 episodes left man, so that's acid..