Saturday, December 25, 2004

Mele Kalikimaka
I Hate Christmas....

Now one of those statements I love to say...and the other is true...

anyways, let's just get out in the open and say it..Merry Frickin' Christmas to you all...yeah yeah... let's see, so that makes for four different ways I've sent out that holiday spirit today...we got the blog covered, I IM'ed people on AIM, called some people...and the best one was the mass text message to all mobile numbers in my phone book...

reason why that was so great was because there are numbers in there from people I don't talk to anymore, but just have built up over time..what a year, good grief...

anyways, what made me happy was the response I got from the texting...those same said people that I hadn't talked to messaged me back..those I talk to this day replied back yes, but just the fact that they probably deleted the number from their phone (like I should have) and had forgotten me completely, get a message saying Merry Christmas, and they feel jubilant enough to reply back, spreading the love...amazing...

but I hate Christmas...I am a scrooge to the T, bah humbug I say..and let me explain...

Alright, Christmas no longer has any religious meaning to the majority of the people...who was born on this day, uncle fred? all it is in reality is a corporate conglomeration pushing marketing propaganda onto a susceptible consumer mass to increase profits and sell shit that normally wouldn't make it. That said, why I hate it...

alright, anybody who knows me knows I am a great person...not to toot my own horn here but yeah, I fucking rock..for this one reason....all year round I give gifts. the only day that I see it fit to give somebody a present on certain said day would be a birthday...but even then we are stretching it..cards sure, something nice yeah..buy me dinner on my birthday, treat me like royalty..that's all I need, not any presents..right?

anyways..like I said, I buy gifts for people all year round, and you know why..it all relies upon timing. you're out and you just happen to come across something that your friend would love, it goes perfectly with them, yadda yadda yadda...you get it...but it's April...their birthday has passed..what do you do?

now there have been times I have held onto gifts to give on certain days, but that's only because I don't see them in everyday life...people come together on certain holidays, I know I won't see them until that date, so the gift will wait...and when you get gifts on only your birthday or Christmas, then you have made your way out of the circle..you're sub-par to me....

people in the circle get the gift of my presence all year long...which is truly a gift...not only do I get the best presents and know what to get for people, but I am one of the greatest friends to have...

*Wow, I'm getting really high on myself here..* whoops, sorry **..but deservant yes**

But I'm being serious here...if you force yourself to go out and buy a gift for someone because it a certain day is coming up..well then that gift doesn't have the same spark, the same pizzaz...it's forced....sure you may get lucky and find that perfect gift...but everything comes at a time when it is supposed to.....don't go out looking for something unless it's groceries....the best presents are ones that fall into your lap, because not only are they happy to have received the gift, but you are just as elated to have found the gift in such a miraculous way...it's win win...

not to mention if you buy everyone you know gifts at the same time you are putting a financial hurt upon yourself...lest you be some bastard who only gives gifts at those two times in the year...and you save up for those dates....then you just suck at life and I hope you die...you will never know the meaning of living life.

so there, I think that will clear up some air for everyone...buys gifts all year to show your love, respect, and friendship to those around you...but because I know there are still some people who believe in this crapwhore of a holiday, I will acknowledge it and give everyone calls and season's greetings...I still respect them for it and will respect their beliefs by acknowledging it...good tidings.

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

Mele Kalikimaka, I read this in Stich voice lol

"all it is in reality is a corporate conglomeration pushing marketing propaganda onto a susceptible consumer mass to increase profits and sell shit that normally wouldn't make it. That said, why I hate it... " I thought you liked capitalism lol at least embraced it. But really invent your own special dates, heck how about november 12th, or any day you like. Idk just my own idea.

"all year round I give gifts. the only day that I see it fit to give somebody a present on certain said day would be a birthday...but even then we are stretching it..cards sure " hehehe see, again you guys and your cards, cool

"people in the circle get the gift of my presence all year long...which is truly a gift...not only do I get the best presents and know what to get for people, but I am one of the greatest friends to have... " indeed lol and a huge "aaaww"

"but everything comes at a time when it is supposed to..." I believe so too

"not only are they happy to have received the gift, but you are just as elated to have found the gift in such a miraculous way...it's win win..." I adore this feeling! It's the best! It's true