Saturday, January 31, 2004

A Second note...

Sure death is sad, but it happens every day, every minute, but nobody thinks on that larger scale..some deaths are needed, some are justified, so happen for whatever reason, most make us wonder..but for whatever reason, they happen..It's funny to say but death is a part of life...Now I'm not condoning living in fear that at any second you can no longer be, no not at all..But at the same time I won't condone doing crazy stupid things because life is too short.

I suppose there is no happy medium with me and my opinions...On the one hand I want to say, yeah have some fun, just don't harm yourself or others (something that was broken last week..) be responsible, this and that, but everybody is different...I think this is one of the biggest arguments philosophers face, how to live life? The Greeks asked when a man died, "did he have passion" not what he did, how rich he was, but that, so what does that tell you? Are we supposed to make an impact on people, what if your death is that impact..It's all really confusing and I don't have the mind set to argue anything right now..How serious can you take all the statements made about life, such as, "don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway"

And to wrap up this post (seeings how I've been interrupted numerous time while making both posts...) what you have, what you value is what you don't have, what you miss....Nothing that you have now is of any worth til it's gone, keep that in mind (mostly directed at myself, but I never listen to myself) but yeah...wear sunscreen..


Holy Sonnets: Death, be not proud

1Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
2Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
3For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow,
4Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
5From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
6Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
7And soonest our best men with thee do go,
8Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
9Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
10And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell;
11And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
12And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
13One short sleep past, we wake eternally,
14And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

The Holy Sonnet 10 was kind of confusing because of the thee, thou, and such... that John Donne ws very fancy

I liked more "The Second Note" post, I'll remark this quote: "On the one hand I want to say, yeah have some fun, just don't harm yourself or others (...) I think this is one of the biggest arguments philosophers face, how to live life?" I hope one day we got around some tea and chat about that, it's really deep. You're crazy 20 year old

Now I better go to Chilis with my mom and eat the super bowls promo lol