Sunday, January 04, 2004

Da Double Duece....

I will always be number two.

All my life I have been number two, ever since I was a child growing up in the ghetto of Lynwood. By the time I was 13 I had my theories about being a number two, and at times it really didn't bother me, it was my place...strive for first, get second, no problem. Hell, I even took it so far as to have number two on any jersey I may have worn for a sport. Second best was all I would, and could for that matter, ever amount to (two). Now that I'm older, I still rank in there as number two, and for the most part still doesn't bother me. I mean sure, there are times I really wished I was the second one, or third or fourth, why couldn't I be first on the list, but that's just how things work out I guess.

But the real question comes in, I am in no means involved with this, I cannot live a life of my own teachings, "those who can do, those who can't teach", call me a hypocrite, you try doing what I say in my shoes, it's not possible, but I'll guide you in your shoes.....so the real question is, should you by any means settle for second best, whether it's you settling for second yourself, or you picking up someone/something as second best? Basically, should you ever just settle, just cope with what you got, not strive for anything more, or settle with something that will always be second best to you. Why put yourself, and others through that....I suppose I'm really embarking on two different realms here, but I'll just go ahead and try to combine the two.

Well the answer to those should be a "no", and in most cases should be a no, but there's always conditions and circumstances where it's just better not to argue and accept (cope), but I'll say it should always be best not to settle, for everyone's sake.

But as for myself, I've accepted my fate, I'll always be bringing up the rear as number two. (I hope you all see that number two doesn't mean number two always, it could be number 7 for all I care, but I'm just getting at, if you aren't number one or the lead dog, the view is always the same, hate to spell it out for you, but I always feel the need.) I certainly know how to make somebody feel like number one, and then there are those who have the power to make me feel like number one, or feel more than that...but isn't it funny that those who have that influence, that supremacy over you, the one that makes you feel on top of it all, always controls your place at number two. Irony? Paradox? Ehh, give me a minute with it..

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

Lynwood, Michigan?
mmm If your name is Angus... you got good chances to be the first on the list by alphabetical order hehe

uhhh.. "and then there are those who have the power to make me feel like number one, or feel more than that...but isn't it funny that those who have that influence, that supremacy over you, the one that makes you feel on top of it all, always controls your place at number two" dude, the one that makes you feel like #1 should give you the best, and shouldn't be "controlling" your place at number two...

you're number one, and your special someone should think you're number one... and the other way round too