Sunday, January 25, 2004

A Day of Rest...

Well today is a day of rest, it doesn't exist right now, or so it seems. Yesterday felt like Sunday (well today) and since it is now Sunday (rather today) it's like some spatio-time gap needed to get back on track I suppose.

Well the weekend was very eventful and I had a great time, and it may have seemed long but it definitely ended too soon. I'm sure the shortness could be attributed to my tardiness, yeah damn me showing up a couple hours late..I know I know..traveling alarm clock, I'm a fuck what can I say...

so yeah I arrived 2 hours late in Muncie, picked up Brooke and we headed to Vince's. It was probably late when we showed up in Terre haute, I'm not sure, my time frame of reference goes crazy once I get on the road and travel through time zones...but they seemed liked they were dressed for bed, but despite that and us interrupting them watching a movie, they got dressed and took us to the 24 Hour SuperK. Vince was really happy about it, yeah it was very clean I'll give it that, and yeah, they had produce..We had our fun there for a bit and headed back. We all grew weary and decided to call it a night and set up camp....Well just as I finally got settles, the cover situation was resolved, who got what and how much of this and that (I only got one pillow, but I dealt with it....)as soon as we all got settled I blurted out, "I'm hungry". yeah I wouldn't have been able to go to sleep if I didn't get some food for the simple fact it would have been 24 hours since I ate last, what with the sleeping and traveling. Brooke concurred with my hungerness but didn't feel like getting up and going out anywhere..So we looked through the pile of papers on the floor for coupons or something with food, delivery, and phone numbers. Well we found some pizza places, but then the problem came of, "where the hell are we anyways.." luckily we found an AOL disc with an address..The world started coming around, but then we called the places..all seemed to be going in our favor...finding random advertisements for food and delivery, finding the address..But I called the first place, after many rings the answering machine picked up. Damn..The next place Dominos, I remembered them being open really late when I was in Terre Haute for Hoosier Boys State (god that was along time ago...) They answered, only to say they were closed...So the last place was Papa Johns, and after having two failed attempts it seemed pointless to try the third, but I am a persistent bitch and just wanted to humor myself...I called and BAM they were open...So the highlight of my night (and probably weekend) was finally getting food, delivered to us, in the middle of the night, eating it with Brooke, all while watching (and making fun of) the "Split End-er" Infomercial..ahh good times.

Saturday we slept in til 1030 or so, only getting up due to some phone calls. We started our day off right with the cooking of Elizabeth, she made some potatoe skins and they were very good. After that we had a rockin' jam session (as Vince said, a form of payment for their hospitality..) the jam session was actually something. Vince on the steal guitar in G-tuning, Elizabeth on Bass, Brooke on the electric Ric, and myself on the acoustic Gibson. We played "All Along the Watchtower" and "You Ain't Going Nowhere" and I did my rendition of "Runaway". All in all it was a good time. And riding that high we took a trip to the cemetery just down the road. We were checking out some things we read in Elizabeth's Haunted Book. That was fun, maybe the highlight of that day, we saw some cool mausoleums and such, and we are making plans to go back..at night...hoping the fence...yeah....Then it was to the small and wondrous guitar store. This place has many many guitars, more than guitar center (they even have Rics for Vince) and yet is very very small. See don't let size fool you...That was fun, and from there we went to another music store, but they also didn't have juice harps, oh well. Then to the mall, to get us some pretzels, yeah a trip to the mall for pretzels go figure, but that's life in Terre Haute so you go figure..yeah!

Well, that was pretty much the wrap-up of that day..We got back, lounged around and then it was time for Brooke and I to leave, and so we did....of course I wasn't paying attention as I got onto I-70 and soon found myself going West...yeah, into Terre Haute, so I turned around and all was well. Brooke needed to go grocery shopping..actually the main reason why I went down right, so we stopped at Meijer and god was it fun. I love grocery shopping, though it's always performed by myself, I guess that's alright, but this time it was with Brooke, yeah..We had a good time..come to think of it, it was almost a year ago the last time we went grocery shopping at that meijer, huh...After that was a quick stop at Wendy's. and then that was the end of the evening for us. I took her back, carried her groceries upstairs to her room..We said our goodbyes and yeah, I left.

the ride home was short, but still long.. a few well placed incoming phone calls kept me from squirming around and my eyes open and awake. I crashed, bad choice of words, I fell asleep instantly back here...I think all the driving wore me out, and I slept for a lengthy period of time...but today doesn't feel like today, and in fact it all seems worthless being here, being alone, time and circumstances suck, and I'm here, still....

No comments: