Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Like a Bird, On a Wire...

So another incident wherein my vehicle is the result of an animal killing....this happened yesterday, in the same area it always happens, actually the same road i killed the first bunny..

i just dropped of Fischer's keys at Brooke's, she wasn't there, so i have yet to see her, even though she said she would see me on labor day weekend...ahemcoughcough...so i'm driving, talking to myself or listening to music, when all off a sudden this bird comes flying up out of the grass and kinda angled for me. well it hit the corner of my windsheild pretty hard and flopped to the ground. you know me, naturally i braked, threw the car in park, parking at a funny angle, turned on tghe hazards and went running down the road towards the fallen bird. i got to it and the birtd was still alive, though not moving, just breathing and opening it's eyes every now and then. i tried to see if by getting close to it would make it move away, it didn't.

several cars passed by me, but i stood in the middle of the raod not allowing for the bird to get hit...i didn't want it to die like that...so i made a dash sprint back to my car where i popped the trunk to get somethign to move the bird out of the way...frisbees and a towel. when i got back a car drove by me and stopped...it was an elderly couple and asked if i was alright, i told them the story and they asked if they could do anything, i told them i had everything under control. they drove away and i began to pick up the bird...

as i am picking the bird up with the frisbees and towel, he\s not moving anynmore....i doubt it was the fear of me that made him not move, he was dying, or did die...so quickly i picked him up and brought him to the side of the raod in the grass...i laid him on his back as i put him down...and as i did this i told him why, it was to give him one last look at the sky before he died. i stood before the bird, had my moment of silence, then walked back to my car. no other cars phased me as they passed,, i had entered my own little world, almost horrific ending, walking back to a car parked on the side of the road, trunk open, hazards flashingm, long extended blinking of the eyes corresponding with the flashing lights, hearing nothing but the beating of your heart, the fall of your footsteps, only intensified by the pounding of bass coming from the techno music within the car. why does my life feel like i'm the bird...

No comments: