Sunday, September 21, 2003

Any Given Sunday...

So last night was quite an event for myself....i worked at target, hate working Sat nights for lack of hours to be worked....and we got out early, around 3 or before...so there's a group of us outside, i'm doing my usual, looking over my notebook or playing with the guitar, and tim, kiel (yeah, that's how you spell his name), and jose were playing catch with a football...it reminded me of the times we played homerun derby out there.....

so there's me, the...how do you explain...well used to be jock type, now the geeky journal type...so i kinda wanted to play, and after seeing kiel being a dumbass and tim trying to showboat i decided it was time for me to get in there....

we played two on two and it was on hell of a game...early in the game my big ol shoes caused problems, twisting my left ankle, damn boots...so i did like we used to do back in the day, i kicked them off and ran around in my socks, yes on the pavement....the game lasted a lot longer than expected, play up to 3, win by 2...that ddin't exactly happen....and then i started feeling the effects of glass and everything else in my feet...just when my tolerence was almost up i remembered i had a pair of old basketball shoes in the trunk of my car....by then the damage was done, but it helped me out a lot...with or without shoes they said i was still one speedy bitch...

towards the end everybody was really getting tired and basically giving up..hell the game should've ended a lot sooner if we didn't get cocky and then blow our lead, but all was in good fun...when we were through i was utterly exhausted, i don't know how i used to be able to play for hours at end, btu damn, it makes me want to play a lot more....football and basketball, games you need to have nice footwork in order to be good..probably why i like them so much, baseball you can only do so much with, and you're nto in control of the ball in order to score, pretty messed up, soccer i suppose can go in the BB FB category as well....

that's all for now, i've got to go to a water submersing thingy....details ahead...

No comments: