Wednesday, February 16, 2005

WNDP20...
a finale....

not if I have anything to do with it...

yeah, you read the title right.....it could just be real..and people could just be FUCKS.

The Wednesday night dance party has been something forged from faith; we should all know this, whether you've actually sweated loyalty, or just watched it in action. we've made it to 20, not by sitting on our asses hoping for the best, just whizzing through all the numbers and anniversaries as if they were just that, nothing that special...but by building it up from scratch, constantly rallying, working for what we wanted.

when we first held the first every party, we dreamt of glorified ideals - a thing of beauty, something that was ours, something that was us..our baby, if you will.

we knew that throwing "our" type of party was going to be a difficult thing for people to fully comprehend, not many would take to this sort of thing..but that's the beauty of it - by eliminating out those who would not view this as one of their 'standard' parties, we were doing everyone else a favor, weeding out the bad, keeping the
good...getting it to catch on was yet another obstacle; not only for other people, but for ourselves...keeping traditions is something that I hold very dear to, they have a purpose, you cannot just merely skip a week at your leisure because it doesn't fit into your book...it's called a tradition for a reason.

yeah sure, the first couple times you pull it off because you're rolling on a high of accomplishment, something new, something fun and exciting...but then you hit that wall that mankind constantly hits, and then it's a matter of will and determination over weakness and laziness. I remember very early on, something like the seventh or so, regardless of what actual number, there was a point, I know it's hard to say, but Neil almost backed out of a WNDP..he talked about not even coming over, but for whatever reason he made a stop, and soon as he got over here he knew what needed to be done...we rallied together like none other and we pulled off an amazing night; what almost seemed like the end of a legacy we pulled around and made a spectacular night out of...

it's little things like that which allowed for what we have/had today. persefuckingverance. it's too easy to just doing things that take effort, but everything worthwhile usually does.

Why Wednesday..why not is more like the question. you see, it's the middle of the week...Monday gets you started with the week...Thursdays are tainted with thirsty Thursday...Friday and Saturday everybody is throwing parties...and Sunday is refresh, recoup day...and Tuesday..well Tuesday is Tuesday, it is it's own day..so Wednesday...nice middle of the week break from everything..makes sense?

and they aren't all dance parties, sure there is some spontaneous bootie shakin', but DDR is played, couch lounging is going on, hookah is being smoked..it is a plentiful action packed thing...there's something for everyone, and it's not a typical lame ass "prep/frat/college" party...where they failed we have succeeded..

So now onto my personal rant....there are those who wish to see an end to the WNDP, for whatever reasons..I would like to take the time to personal call them fucks...hey you fuckers...I know you read this, I think less of you than the shit that comes out of my ex-girlfriend's ass...and that's fucking low...but so are you.

to think there are people who actually want something as great as this to end..oh, and you want their "reasoning"? well you see...some have to wake up for 9 am class or work or whatever..which is total bullshit. I'll give you this...Jim has a 9am class, so he stays the night at Maria's and thus totally avoids the WNDP's, I know he misses them to an extent, he would love it if they were on a Tuesday or Thursday, but we can't change what's already in motion...

Spaulding has never liked the WNDP's, he doesn't like parties in general..but he has coped with everything that has been going on, which is the right thing since he watches TV or movies til all hours of the night anyways, and you can't hear anything that goes on up in his room (for the most part), and everything gets cleaned up by morning, so he is in no right to complain, everything is fine.....

and then there's me...I've never liked Wednesdays....I can pin point it to august, if not earlier, but I've never liked the day...and then the WNDP didn't make things better....I'm not saying I am not a fan..don't get me wrong, I love the fact that they happen, I just don't like people, and therefore I don't partake in it......

when I had to be at work every day by 8am, did I ever complain about the WNDP's? and there have been random parties in the past, with the fucking presidency whom I despise, which lasted til the next fucking day...and I've had to be right at work early as can be...anything I could do..nope.

AND not to mention my erratic sleeping patterns...stay up all night doing god knows what, and then trying to get some sleep during the day when I pass out...there were times I snapped, only because I kept asking for a little something, just for a bit...but no...I've fucking had fuckslot come and practice while I was sleeping....

I'm saying it right now...I will never allow for a coinslot show in our basement, that's final...

so for me to be behind this is a little out of the norm...and we all know how I get when I am fully behind something...damn me and my passion....let's just say there was an informal house discussion about this and I was ready to fucking throw punches because people are so fucking ignorant....

so there we have it, we've got two fucks who can't deal with what has become of 412 bitching about something they have no control of...their argument is as simple as, "well this is something that just started happening, we didn't agree to it when we signed the lease.." and my argument is the same right back at them....we all signed the lease as singles, we didn't go into this place with couples, or god even worse...becoming couples...yeah there you have .....I've fucking adjusted my fucking way of life to a lifestyle I really don't want anything apart of..I don't want to see two people who are fucking living together, who were supposed to be friends, fucking all over each other like it's their fucking job...and I'm not the only one who believes this either..we didn't go into this place with you two fucks fucking..so why should we accommodate and go against our norms just so you can fuck?

whatever, this got angry really quickly, but there, it's out, it's over...

..and I just find it ironic how the green porch light went out tonight, the night that they are trying to make the last..the night that split the house.....




What is and what should never be

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"keeping traditions is something that I hold very dear to" I like that

"makes sense?" totally makes sense that Wednesdays party happens on a wednesday

"damn me and my passion" I'd say blessed passionate people

"I don't want to see two people who are fucking living together, who were supposed to be friends, fucking all over each other like it's their fucking job" oh my