Friday, February 11, 2005

A Good Day...
no, really...

So yeah, today is a really good day, and I don't know why....

So in order to get to the bottom of this, I'll tell you the details of my day, see if anything makes sense...but in all actuality, we must go back to Thursday, 5:00..I know that may seem odd, but come on..I've been pulling this card for a long time now...

So I arrive at work at 5 and instantly notice that there are two other bussers working with me as well...so I stand around, waiting, fighting to buss the few tables that actually do get up in this time...half an hour passes, then I go up to the main manager and say, "Let's talk business..." I go into my rant about how there "are two bussers already on, til close, I work til DBD (volume)((dinner business decline if you want the actual term...)) so that means I'm gonna be here for a meager three hours...it's Thursday night...nothing to do, no reason to have three bussers on..this is stupid...I come in to work, if I'm not constantly doing something I'm gonna get bored...and I don't want any of this bullshit sidework either, I'm not washing the fucking walls, I want to buss tables, if I can't do that, then I am just wasting corporate money...and it's not like I don't wan to work, I need the money, I don't have plans tonight to do things..either I'm leaving now, or if you make me stay, I'm closing...plus you wouldn't want me to go over 40 hours again, do you?" it totally made sense to him..then my manager came up and wasn't for the grand idea...

he said something how I am his buffer busser, making sure everything gets done and gets done correctly...compliments weren't needed here..he never said no and pussyfooted around the topic, as Karl said, so I stayed...which bummed me out only because I thought my plan was so air tight it could not fail..and because of that propaganda machine working, I had already started making plans...and as the time grew nearer and nearer to the red zone, I threw in the towel...funny thing though...I made a normal closing shifts tip outs from that night..even though I left early and didn't actually start working til 700....whatever...

after work it was time for the weekly Theater Thursday Thing...and we actually changed it up, we went on a slight roadtrip, to the IMU, to see I heart Huckabess..it was amber, Jim,Maria, and myself accompanied by michelle and her group...the movie was ridiculously good..I want to buy it on DVD...

after the movie I made some comment how it was better than Garden State, reference only made because I heard bastards talking about it during the better movie...which then led into the invite to watch it again that very evening at michelle's place, and I have been meaning to give that godawful movie a second chance so why not now..so I watched it, this time I didn't want to walk out during it so much as I wanted it to end very quickly..I knew the plot, knew where it was going to go...and yeah, I wanted it to go there quickly....so that's a plus right??? maybe another six thousand viewings and I may like that movie....

so michelle drove me back to my place..we chatted, she got into my random things, we played Loser, drank martinis all into the wee hours of the morn...woke up at 10, thus getting three hours of sleep, and went to work...

and let me tell you, I was in an abnormally good mood at work..I hate morning shifts, they piss me off to no end...it's not busy therefore I'm not really working and also I don't get tipped out because the servers need their money...but it didn't bother me on that morning...right from the get go things were crazy, we had to-go orders up the wahzoo and a party of 30 right at 11...so yeah, good times..

the best was when I started a fight amongst the coworkers....so this guy Asa and I playfully joke around with each other, it's a good time (even though at times I can't tell if he is being serious or not..) so the story goes, I make my way to the back, start clearing off my tray at the dishwasher..then asa walks in and just drops his sit off on my plate and walks away...now he did this as a joke (or would hope so, lest he want to get the back of my hand..) so I jokingly said, "now, I don't do random shit for people's that don't tip out" and instantaneously everybody was in ahh, I even had one lady saying, "fuck yeah, you tell him"..and replied back with, "I've tipped you out before.." only for me to go back and say, "yeah, like twice..." and then he started to saying something back when a server/busser started to get in on it saying how he has never tipped them out...oh good times...

so the next time I was in the back clearing my tray asa comes back and is doing his own stuff...then walks in one of the servers who was back there listening to the entire thing go down, I quickly took her plates and scrapped them to wherein total aw said, "damn...." and I finished it with, "yeah, tipping out has it's privileges..."

Asa ended up tipping me out that day, and future days for that matter...I told him how I roll, just a few dollars a day makes me happy and will keep me on his good side...I may have converted a person already, I rock....

so then I got cut early and was free to enjoy the beautiful outside...as soon as I got to my car I was on my phone...I called my grandparents to talk to them? and then I called heather *blue* just to let her know what a good day I was having....

as I busted in the door at home I exclaimered my great day I was having, hugged Jim...everyone was in shock...but I was really frickin' good...even the lovely jess was there (not the roommate, the other one who hate fucks me..) even the people online were curious as to why I was doing so good...people I haven't talked to online in a long time were on, and of course they ask the standard, "how are you" and I started to give my standard "good"..but then added the, "really good, actually" and as I told everyone, they should enjoy it while it lasts...it's like a calm before a storm...take all the good you can get...it'll be cloudy soon, and for so long you'll forget what sun was....

and that's about where I ended it...I played DDR, showered, took out the trash, went shopping, help Spaulding cook and get ready for the evening and yeah...good mood like nothing else....

021505

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"maybe another six thousand viewings and I may like that movie...." hilarious
"played Loser" who's that game? I've tried google
"and then I called heather *blue* just to let her know what a good day I was having...." aaaaw

"it's like a calm before a storm...take all the good you can get...it'll be cloudy soon, and for so long you'll forget what sun was...." such a great quote, positive to me