Sunday, February 06, 2005

Hopelessly...
part 2

and now, the actual day part of Sunday...

So after that realization, a quick thinking about session and I was back to sleep..woke up and went to work, on time, actually slightly early, I tend to do that on Sundays, go figure..Well as luck would have it, I approached 40 hours very early in my shift, so once the other busser came in, I was sent home, on the incredibly beautiful day that it was....

on my way home I spotted a drifter just "passing through" as his sign read, along with a dog...he wanted some food, so I did what I could, helped the man out, and Spaulding actually went out and bought dogfood for his companion...we're like superheros, you have no idea.....

made it home and turned on the tube, only to see that the Puppy Bowl was just starting!!! OH MY GOD, it was fucking brilliant..so what it was in actuality was the Animal Planet did not want to try and compete with Superbowl Sunday, the pre-game shows, the game itself, and everyone else's marathons, so they ran this all day long...the actual Puppy Bowl last for three hours...and what it was, in case you didn't get a call and a chance to see it, was they had this boxed in arena, similar to a football stadium, a playing field, a crowd, goals, the whole nine yards....or would it be 120?? Anyways...they put these dogs out on the field, fed through this shoot, and they were there..the played with chew toys..fought each other..drank from the water bowls...it was brilliant...this, for three hours..watch a preview...and yeah, I have ordered the video if anyone wants to watch this with me...the entire house watched this nonstop for the entire duration...it was enough to kill the queer eye marathon...

and in all actuality, it makes quite the huge social statement...you can either watch a bunch of huge guys pound each other on the gridiron, fighting for an intangible title..or you can watch some cute puppies play around, as if they were your own pet, with the outcome being whatever you decide..both are equivilant...

so while that was going on, I got a call on my phone, which jubilated me to such an extent that I yelled for joy, jumped up and down, and ran outside and continued down the street, stopping past the driveway realizing "that's not how you answer a phone..."so I answered out of breath and held a great hour and a half conversation....With the girl who was supposed to be there with me anyways....

you see, HER problems would have been adverted as well had she been with me this weekend..but whatever, things happen, cars breakdown, that's life..though nobody wants to blow an engine in the middle of the night....

so then it was time for the superbowl...tired as hell..I kept passing out here and there, the commercials sucked, and the teams that were playing I could care less about...I guess I wanted Philadelphia to win? whatever, they ended up loosing in the bitter end, whatever....

and then Neil wanted to watch a movie...HE suggested Vanilla Sky, and of course I obliged..god yes, I fucking love that movie...

so we watched, it tore us up though..he wasn't in the mood for that type of lovey movie, understandable...but he fucking loved it, and at the end, we both had tears in our eyes we had to wipe away...it was hilarious, yet sad at the same time..."we're pathetic, like a bunch of woman we are.." couldn't have said it better myself....

and yeah, there you have it...I'm a hopeless romantic is what it all boils down to...

"one day we'll have girls that actually appreciate us for who we are..the sappy love-fools we are..."
grrrrr, which leads into my next topic, but it deserves it's own whole post...damn it....

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"we're like superheroes" aww, jeez, are you superman? lol

Puppy Bowl is the most beautiful program, I swear. BEST 3 hours of my life lol
I want to watch the video with you please please please

"that's not how you answer a phone..." lol you cutie

Oh boy, Vanilla Sky is not just a lovey movie, is WAY more than that! Best of the 2000s
"we both had tears in our eyes we had to wipe away..." aawww boys, I would like to know if by 2020 you've found that, sappy love-fools ♡