Saturday, February 05, 2005

I'm a Hopeless Romantic...
Part 1...

Alright, so Sunday...fucking great day, no joke

So I go to work..well let me back that up a bit......so I go to lay down Saturday night...it's almost 2, an early night, very early considering it's me, but I figure why not..I got to be at work at 9, you know, the one day you're not supposed to toil I have to wake up the earliest, but let's not go there....

so I fall asleep, then the phone goes off...it's a text message...and I just knew it wasn't from anybody important to me right now..you know you get those feelings, good and bad when people call, you just 'know' who it is without looking at the phone...anyways, I engage in this meaningless conversation, which ends just as absurdly random as it started...

so it's three...and I try to fall back asleep..then my alarm for whatever reason decided to go off at 334..it wasn't set for it, maybe it hit that magic button....so then I toss and turn for the rest of the night...and it doesn't help when it's coupled with a girl on my mind, but the girl would seem a bit surprisngly, not Blue...and none of the two prior demons mentioned either...

so I call the girl, who was supposed to be with me at that moment anyways and leave her a message saying my loneliness, this call, and not being able to sleep would have been adverted had you just came down...well two for three ain't bad, the latter would have been alright by me..as long as I'm awake and with somebody everything is cool....

so then I get online, why not, kill more time since you're awake, have only an hour's worth of sleep and need to wake up in three hours...then I had a craving for Dunkin Donuts...ohhh the taste of one of their splendid donuts...god...

but I tried to think where the nearest one was..not in Bloomington...so I went to the website to check..nothing anywhere near here...not even in Indy...I just don't know what to do with myself..I wanted a strawberry filled doughnut....I couldn't even be irrational and drive to Indy, because there's nothing there...where to go?

AND then it hit me, as soon as I put up the away message, the reason for my late night craving...and then I hated myself...you see, the last time I was at a Dunkin Donuts was with the girl I just called...the one who was supposed to be with me at that moment...that fucking subconscious association..it killed me

but I'm just glad, in a way, that I was able to tie it together, give reason and explanation to something that once sounded so unfound and crazy, so for that major props to me and my rocking!

and I'll continue with a part 2 to save the lengthy read...

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

brilliant association, it happens with me and TBELL
ugh brains, can't live with them, can't live without them