Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Update Time:
a follow-upper...

Alright, the morning after I go off on a tangent, my theory couldn't have been proven more right...

So I went to work, I was called in, whatever, I got a free meal out of it and was told no rush, get here when you get here..how fucking badass...so I worked, and then I remembered why I would have said no, had I not been sleeping when I answered the call...

I hate morning shifts...there's nothing to do, granted I still get paid hourly, I wan to be dong my job, and not some bullshit random tasks to keep me occupied either....and the tip-outs are little if any...

but towards the end of my shift, someone had just tipped me out, I thanked them, and this guy, one of the new guys..god I can't even think of his name..but whatever, seeing the tipout to me sparked fire in his mind and he remembered he was "supposed" to tip out as well..

he quickly digs in his pockets and hands me a five, saying he's gonna try and catch up for all those missed times...and then we start talking...I told him how I was just about to give up on his non-tipping out ass, and he tells me how he use to, til the bussers back where he is from stopped cleaning his tables, at all..so he just got used to not tipping anyone out....

we conversed, talked about what things piss us bussers off, what to do/not to do...it was good...but it just struck me as odd, the morning of writhing that lengthy rant about how people have impeccable timing, and the day I was about to throw in the towel on this 'bastard' he comes through, and now has the bussers as friends....amazing

of course the whole "timing" rant was ignited when I made a late night phone call to the girl who was supposed to be in my arms that very second, and couldn't fall asleep because I couldn't stop thinking of her...well due to her absence, and lack of calling to let me know what was up for that entire week, I told her if she didn't want to talk to me, didn't want to hang out that's fine, just be nice and let me know what's up..don't give me the run around, and if you say hey go away, I will......she called me the very next morning, ironically enough, without ever getting my voicemail..

well that's how my life works, everything last minute....just like that grandslam back in little league, couldn't have been more poetic in sports history if I tried...

well there you go...but DON'T do this to me, I hate this last minute shit to begin with...I just love the irony of all these little occurrences...grrrrr

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"the whole "timing" rant was ignited when I made a late night phone call to the girl who was supposed to be in my arms that very second, and couldn't fall asleep because I couldn't stop thinking of her..." oh boy, the sweet 20s... people said with time you stop feeling this, I hope I don't.

"don't give me the run around, and if you say hey go away, I will..." brave good hearted people

"I just love the irony of all these little occurrences..." impeccable timing