Monday, October 06, 2008

Tuesday to TooJay

Long Day on short rest...
ughhhhh

My night's 'rest' was more like a power nap in all reality...not getting home til after midnight the night prior. i move my finger over my mousepad to wake my computer and lighten the room, hey, if i have to be awake, so should my compy...i notice several AIM boxes scattered on my screen and i starting thinking to myself, what the fuck happened, i've only been asleep for less than four hours, right? i rub my eyes, blinking them a couple times in order to focus to the text on the screen, they pretty much read all the same thing, "what a bitch"..this pulls me out o bed and upright, i know the ex has done something, now i have to scour the internet to figure it out..doesn't take long, just a post on my wall..calling me a liar and never wanting to speak to me again..we're still on that?

i tug on the cord leading from the lappy to my phone buried in the pillow now, text messages from the ex as well..coooool. she pretty much said the same thing in the text messages she said on my wall..i don't know what her deal is honestly...i'm not even fully aware of my surroundings, yet i find myself instantaneously responding back in defence for my character..i hate being accused of something wrongly...

my day gets under way, taking care of the necessary S's, and heading off to work..which was supposed to be a busy breakfast...a 10 top and a 30 top..we had three servers on, which was fine with me, until the 10 top went down to a 0 top and the 30 top went down to an 8 top....cooooool, i love when there are no minimums or cancellation charges..whatever, let's fuck the person lowest on the totem pole....

and of course i can't go a single shift without waiting on an asshole..well, today i got two of them...the first, and only one worth mentioning was a well to do man, in charge of a construction company that built some football stadium recently or something, who knows..well, i did not take his food order, he was too busy being more important for me when i greeted him, so i let him sit there..it was Joe who was called over and took the order, Joe just relayed it to me at the terminal. so his food comes up just moments later, i carry it out to the table and the gentleman in position two has a problem..he wants, rather, he demands that i go to the back and butter his toast for him, edge to edge with butter...oh, and heat it up too, it's cold..are you for reals? this man was completely capable of buttering his own toast, he wasn't elderly, missing the proper digits to perform such a task, no, he was just a complete asshole who wanted to demonstrate his power onto people around him...nice job loser, hope you liked your toast..wink..

lunch was no different in screwing me either...i was put on two parties with two other servers...i figured this would turn out to be the only money coming in today..maybe it was, but i was bent over once again...normally when the lunch 'rush' is over, everybody has to stay in order to help flip over the private dining rooms for the next event..yeah yeah, shouldn't those who are actually on the party later in the night do the work for their own party..would be nice, but not happening..well today is was not the case...two servers on a lunch/dinner double split, leaving me and the other breakfast people who had been at the restaurant at 6 to do all the dirty work...i want consistency, and the only thing that is consistent is me getting fucked over time and time again...i was out a little after 3..

nice...an hour behind in my schedule...so now running late, rushing to finish packing, already fuming from a bad day at work, i work myself into a tired fizzy, that coupled with the lack of sleep and 6am shift did't help, but i proceed to the road none-the-less...

in the beginning of the drive i was tired, but soon grew out of it, well, should rather say eventually..semi's were driving like assholes, and people in PT Cruisers were running me off the road....five hours later, and taking a detoured unknown route later, i arrived on TJ's doorstep.

i was hungry, having only eaten toast and the poached eggs some asshole from breakfast sent back to eat all day my plan was to get to Ohio as soon as possible and go out for dinner. i make a call to my friend Joy who i invited to dinner, TJ's friend's suck, make excuses, afraid of new people, confrontation, whatever, so, he'd be the third wheel in a sense he felt like..not really, i know better, we are all able to hold our own and if we all three got clicking, it'd be a blast...

we met at Rockne's..like Knute....right....it was indeed a good time...Joy ran to me as i got out of the car, jumped into my arms and i spun her around..i think she was excited? we ate our dinner, after finally picking out our selections, the waitress had to have hated us..after hanging out with Joy, i realized why i never let her hang out with me and my girlfriend at the time..she's very friendly, and most of the girl's a date i somehow give complexes to make them crazy jealous, more crazy and more jealous than the standard girl..i don't know what it is i do, just ooze raw sex appeal or what, who knows...

the night ends, we go back to TJ's and i continue to eat my salad for the next couple hours..we watch 21, gets me in the mood to play cards (funny, Nightmare on Elm Street got me in the mood to kill people...i guess movies do influence people...) we play on the internet like normal, and i finally convince TJ to have us go out to Sheetz for some chocolate milk and ice cream...

after the goodies were downed, it was time for bed, we have a Big Day ahead of us tomorrow, and neither of us has gotten much sleep in the past..ever...so we part our ways and call it a night....the day may have started out on a sour note, but it ended on a positive one..let's carry that into tomorrow...










"Winner winner, chicken dinner...fucking Skip"

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I pretty much played with my baby slinky all day today! Although it's too small to go down the steps, it's still pretty cool. That was probably the best gift... EVER! haha... thanks!