Thursday, October 09, 2008

Everybody Loves a..Birthday

Everyday's a special day...
but today, oh today..

you could have guessed this, and i'm sure you did, but we didn't wake up til after 3pm today..what a great way to start to the day..in our defense the drive to and from KB's took a heavy toll on us...i know i didn't drive any part of it, but as a good person i didn't fall asleep...i know how it sucks to be driving, late at night, just wanting to get home, and the person you are riding with someone smuggled aboard a pillow and blanket...way to be a co-pilot..this is not first class bitches...

anyways, it's time for bre...lun...food, so we head around the corner to Subway. i had just received an email informing me about a new chicken sub..and of course i got to try it...and as luck may have it, the infamous angry Subway worker is working today, nice. so of course i pull out all the charm the jangus can dish out and i'm actually able to maintain a conversation with this worker, she even smiled...hell, she even said goodbye..i'll take that as a victory..TJ just cheered me on telling me i was sooo money...

back at his crib we dined on our footlongs (god that sounds gay) and watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall...the movie makes me crack up every time i watch it, and i thought it was pretty good timing given my situation and all. I just need to put my P in a Va-Gee, or B my L all over some chicks T's...and have Mila Kunis fall in love with me....i suppose Patty will suffice..

after the movie, we still have time to kill before the Bday girl gets off work...so what do we do...go to the movie theater to watch another movie...at least we got out of the house this time..I won the coin toss so we watched my movie, American Carol, the Right-sided spoof on micheal moore...i don't know what was funnier, the movie or the yahoos behind us laughing their asses off about everything...

i used my charm school looks to upgrade the value meal TJ and I were getting to include slushies...err, slurpies..err, squishies..er, freeze frames....whatever - cherry iced goodness..i guess i have a thing with girls names Amber..

after the movie i have a missed call and a voicemail from my work...awesome, i can guarantee i already know what it says, but i listen anyways...it was my soapy boobied manager confused as to why neither myself, nor Pat was working..awesome. see yesterday, while in MI i made a call to a co-worker, one who i knew was willing to pick up shifts this week, and pretty sure thursday was one of the days he wanted. So i call, we talk, he says he would love to pick up my shift, and asks me the in time - i've never had the fortune of being scheduled anything other than 4 in my life - well, he tells me if it were at 530 it wouldn't be a problem, he's got some appointment or something, but again would love to have the shift..i want you to take note of how adamant he is about this shift. i tell him i'll give work a call, and it should not be a problem to get that switched over..and i do just that, soapy boobies allows for the exchange and the change up of in times, goes so far as to even out Pat on the floor plan she is making up in place of my name..nice

so i give Pat a call back, one ring, voicemail - i think i just got the fuck you button - so i leave a voicemail, telling him everything is a go, he's on the schedule at 530 and should there be any complications with it to give me a call before noon Thursday, allowing me enough time to get my happy ass back to Indy and work, and giving him a good 14 hours to give me a call back...

well, as it turns out, he doesn't get the voicemail, doesn't remember our conversation, nothing..i love the people i work with...so i talk to my manager, try to clear things up - she is one person who is a front-runner for me, only because i do as i am told and what is expected out of me, once you get on her bad side, watch out..i do my best to do it right or fix it fast...luckily for me she wasn't screwed over, and the night went off without a hitch...she tells me she is off for the next five days so my fate is in someone else's hands...greaaaaat...

a quick stop at Wal-Mart allows TJ to buy his friend a card, and for me to buy her a gift...a random gift at that..a mini-slinky..wrapped in the bag it came in. we trek on down to her place to pick her up - and even though we just down medium slurpies and a giant tub-o-popcorn, we are heading out to eat..

Dinner was..a tragic enjoyment...the waitress was absolutely horrible...i had little problem with leaving her 18 percent, i say little because i know just like every dog has their day, ever server has their fucked days..i was hoping this was her's and not her normal thing...god willing. i will note i had a double tangueray and tonic short, something i used to order and drink like it was water - my gin intake over this summer was greatly sub-par as i was still continuing with my winter drink of maker's Manhattan's well after spring..but as the chilled liquid goodness hit my lips all my painful thoughts are paralyzed.

as i said, the dinner itself was a good time..i truly hope Cindi enjoyed her birthday as i was not going to let any mediocre chicken Caesar salad get in the way of a birthday...she giggled, seemed to enjoy herself, but more times than not i'll hear about it the next day from my friend saying what an ass i was...i tried, i was my joyful self and well, that's all i can offer...

from the bee's of apple it was time to hit up a bar - not being from this neck of the woods is a nice thing for me, i get to sit out on decision making for a change. we pull up to some random place they argee on and as we park the car, a group of guys come out of the bar doors, notice a dead bird on the ground, continue to pick it up, hold it in the air, before they launch it into the stores windows in front of them..wow...

we go inside and belly up to the bar, order our round of drinks..i coax Cindi into taking a shot..something she does not like to do...so they make an easy shot, which she sips, but does finish off...for some reason the pool tables to my back are calling to me..so off to the side, in their own little room, all lit up..i don't play pool anymore, but it's something to do as Cindi starts to make comments that nobody is talking...

we play two games, Cindi wins both...she tries to tell me i threw the games..i'm one of the most competitive people out there..and to lose to a girl..are you kidding me? but i know she reads this so i'll leave it at that...

maybe i am changing..

after that we call it a night, drop Cindi back off at her place, and go 'home' - i call it home, i have a mother there that loves me too. i may have drank a lot tonight, for not drinking in the past..who knows, but i feel no effects of it, TJ doesn't need to take my phone away from me even though i start to text people, the ex specifically don't ask me why i did, but it just scored her marks anyways...she responded, then without notice left...coooool..time for bed.











"You come to me, on the day of my daughter's wedding"

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Haahaa! I had a fun time. I didn't think you were an ass at all! Except one of your jokes... but I don't remember it...

I pretty much suck at pool AND I was drunk so considering I won twice doesn't speak well on your behalf. I guess I just thought you would be good at knocking balls around. :)

If you ever get some time off of work like that again you should make another trip out!

TJ Mozik said...

he IS good at that....

Jangus said...

don't remember the joke, then it never happened..and i'm gonna knock both your balls around next time i come out there

Cynthia said...

I remembered it... so it counts...

the joke about the sperm bank.

That was awful!

Jangus said...

oh...that's a good joke..what's there not to like...girls swallowing sperm, it's on the discovery channel..