Monday, October 27, 2008

Hotsprings Place

the beginning..
of the end...

last night I didn’t go out to any birthday parties, didn’t drink, didn’t go over to the apartment..just stayed home because I had this horrible shift to work today...breakfast....6am....6am, the only other time I recall ever having to wake up before 6am to do something was going fishing with my grandpa...as much as I didn’t like it, it wasn’t anything in comparison to how it feels now...

Monday’s shift was an absolute crap shoot...the breakfast host called off saying he had a fever, so who do they ask to fill in the shoes...the only person crossed trained with enough experience to do half the positions in the restaurant...i guess they were anticipating a dull day because they would never take breakfast down to just one server. Shocked and amazed I started hosting at 630...guess I lucked out on that silverware from last night...

I hosted breakfast lunch...the day indeed was crap, I was released from my duties at noon thirty and head home...what a bust..although I did make ten dollars on a giftcard sale...not too shabby in my mind....

I get changed and settled in, I need to get over to the apartment shortly, we have plans, we are to view the three bedroom apartments...we arrive at the leasing office and they only have one bottom level three bedroom available...but have several top levels available..if going off of what I learned this past week from the place is to be true, that the walls are paper thin, I can only imagine the floors being the same way...top level means no DDR..and I cant deal with that...we humor the lady and she shows us the top three bedroom first..sure it may have a nicer view...can you even think about moving furniture up the stairs...funk that noise...the lower level apartment is actually three doors down from where Gary and Phil currently live...it’s apart of the same building, just on the other side..funny.

It was decided then that we would get that place..and I don’t know what I just did

the next day while Phil and I are at work we keep checking our phones to see if everything went through, if it was a go..we were told we would receive a call no later than 1pm if things were a go or not..we get no call....so after work I run over to see what is going on...who’s credit is fucked up worse than mine...turns out our leasing lady called in today, but everything is a go, come in tomorrow to sign the lease...wow...it is really happening...

later that night one of Gary’s exes comes over to go out to dinner...through miscommunication, error in plans, Gary playing Halo, me on the phone...we don’t head out to dinner til 930...as we all get in the car I am agitated because I was hungry at 7 and now nothing will be open by the time we get there..well, they will be open, but we’ll be those assholes walking in the door at 950 saying, “are you still open” after we take a look at the sign with their posted hours stating they are open til 10...fuck that, I’ll get fourth meal...well, lucky for us there is a restaurant right next to the apartment we have been wanting to try..so instead of 10 minutes til close, we give them 30...god karma is gonna fuck me...

we order margaritas and I get whatever the server likes - which turned out to be amazing, trust your wait staff...about the time the food arrives I order another pitcher of margaritas - it feels like old Monday nights, but not really..it’s Tuesday..and not anything but the margaritas are the same...as the pitcher arrives I ask the table who was the idiot who ordered that, I crack myself up...we finish our meal and make a stop at the liquor store conveniently located next door to the restaurant...amazing..

meanwhile joy has been talking something fierce to me...not fierce in a bad way, something fierce as in a “I’m so horny your dick wouldn’t stop being pleased” type of fierce...why don’t I live near anyone...

back home we continue to drink..the girl Gary is trying to see comes over and things get awkward..the girl who he wants to see and the girl he stopped seeing in one room...come on, you can’t have two bitches in one place, ever..i try to be the best wingman possible and entertain the ex, all the while texting Gary saying how fucked up this really is...both girls eventually leave and the night ends somewhere in the middle...rather, the fifth was finished...










G - fuck me
J - I don’t got time to fuck you
G - right, you’re too busy hanging yourself..

No comments: