Sunday, January 02, 2005

The Day That Would Not End...
Parts 1 & 2...

oh man, what a tiring a long past two days it has been, let me tell you what's been up...

Part 1: New Year's Eve
so I get to work at 12, and soon realize I am, and will be the only busser on til 5, and even then only one more person (whom I really do not like) would be on and it would just be the two of us, since I was working a double...well we basically got out asses handed to us and did the most of what I could do, for the most part I was keeping up, just a couple tables behind, but I was busting (or is it bussing) my ass off...

the funny part was the fact that time did not move that day...it went by so slowly it was a joke...we were on a wait pretty much all day and there was no letting up...I ironically dubbed it "The Day That Would Not End"...the irony in it being the last day of the year (I'm brilliant..)...but I soon found out the next day was no better....

the day only progressed and the addition of the second busser at 5 gave some relief ( I was finally able to use the bathroom). I worked til 1030 or so, made it home and Danced maybe a half hour or so only to rebuild a sweat that was there early..I felt completely nasty and just had to shower....by the time I was finished with all that it was nearing the 1130 mark..a pizza that I was cooking while I showered (yeah I know, what of it, I'm talented but wouldn't trust a sole to do that...) was ready for consumption, and I finished off a bottle of wine..then Kurits stopped by and we went off for the evening, returning home close to 4

Part 2: New Year's Day
Woke up at 8 having to be at work at 9..and working a double again...I was in way too high of spirits for it being early in the morning, especially after a long night like New Year's..but whatever..that mood quickly changed over to a pissy introverted Jason and once again I worked my ass off being the only busser on til 5..a funny conversation I had with the manager on duty went something like this..."Hey Tom, it says I'm scheduled til 3 and the next busser to come on is at 4.......which is me; so do you want me to work through it" everyone around laughed. he said he'd get me a break in at 5...well 5 came and went and I took no break, my break was having the other busser came on (same situation and people the night prior..funny) Tom found me and asked if I took a break, I told him I'd eat after my shift, when I would finally get to relax and he was alright with that..

but that's true, I don't want to eat and be bogged down because I have food in my stomach when I have to go back out there and work another shift..930 came and I cut myself like the night prior...I ordered my food and it was completely comped by Tom; reasoning, because I busted my ass after having it handed to me two days in a row...yeah I rock. so I lounged around in the back of the place eating my food, others gathered and we had good conversation...I made a killing in tips working that double shift though, very happy. I was glad that it was close to an end...the final step was coming back at 9 today..but working just one shift and getting off at 3...with a busser coming in at 12 and 2...oh man today was a simple day...and when I clocked out I had 47 hours...haven't seen overtime hours in awhile, but it is very nice...

so it is the new year..and yeah, the two longest days of last year and this year are over, now we can move ahead....

No comments: