Sunday, March 13, 2005

The World Was Saved Again...
..only by technicalities....

Oh what a night...but in a time-relative graph, not much happened....

So the day started, what, it's a Saturday right..ok, so yeah...I remember sleeping in; not because I didn't have anything to do, not because I wanted to, not because I just wanted to die, I did it to prove a point? maybe I just wanted to get some rest in since my days are sooo hectic (yeah right, give me a hectic day and I'll show you what's up..)

I went to work..that was fun let me tell you...it was Brittany's last day, it made me sad. of all the bussers, I really wouldn't want her to go. it's not that she busts her ass the most, I mean she does her fair share, but she can also slack off, like the time she read a book for her entire shift..but that's what makes her her, and thus likeable....anyways, I'll have nobody left at work to get me through it a little easier...of course her distractions were only bringing me back in my reality which I'd rather face out of work...complex but I like it like that...

so anyways, we started with this "Table Countdown" at around 5:30ish, which all in all was this little countdown game where after 50 tables of bussing, we would stop...Each table counted as one point, the family table and tables put together - if they needed two servers - equaled 1.5 points, and tables that we helped each other on were half a point. And you had to get to exactly zero, or you would reset...so no -.5 or anything like that...

it was mainly a test for chip, who came in at 6, because either way he was screwed - he either worked super hard to not allow us to get to zero, or, work as normal, let us get to zero and then he'd have to bust his ass...and as stupid as all this sounds, he was actually going along with it...as soon as he got on, he was claiming all the tables, and anything we were working on he would help us on...it was frickin' hilarious..

well needless to say, I got to zero first; so I took a bathroom break, checked my voicemail, checked my schedule, got a drink, ate a breadstick, and then I started running food. I maintained not bussing a table for a good half hour, if not longer, before yha-yha was cut and I had to go back to work. funny thing was Brittany finished her 50th table and took over scrapping for yha-yha and sent him to the floor while I was running food..it was awesome.


Oh, so one of the highlights of the night was I got four scratch off cards at OG - it's some lame game they are doing - if servers sell alcohol and wine and whatnot they get some scratch off card which could win them free food and whatnot...so I got four cards and each of my cards said "Free Fun Apparel" or something like that. I gave one of the cards to Brittany as a parting gift. when I got to pick my shit out, there wasn't much left..I grabbed some shirts and then Tom picked up this one item and said, "this will be up your alley" . it was a black and red Jim Beam bowling shirt. I said, "are you fucking kidding me...that's soo mine" yeah, this shirt is so cool, if only it were my size...

and the night came to a close - it was really slow from 8:30 on. I stayed to help chip get out of there quicker...but there was one point in which I threatened to walk out...you see, servers were being cut, the night was starting to wrap up, and I had only nine dollars from three servers so far for tips....and this count of my money that I did was when half the people had already left, I was pissed - as I should be, it's a frickin' Saturday night, I made my quota of 30 dollars for the night, which is completely undershooting a Saturday night closing shift....well, technicalities came into play. My dinero count at the end of the night was $23..then Tom gave me $5 one of the shirts I picked out, and Cassidy gave me some of her pizza - which I said would be good for her tip out - a couple dollars...sooo, given those terms, I made just over $30..and I didn't quit...and the world was saved yet again.....

So I got back home, changed and went to the OG party which was a spontaneous "everybody's gone, us losers who stayed her need to hang out' sort of thing. I had wanted to just stop in, say my hello's , and leave...but I knew that wasn't going to happen - well it all depended on who was there in all honesty. So I arrived, Brittany ironically enough was just getting out of her car as I pulled up so we walked and found the place together. not much really was going on..mainly people bitching about the OG..that got old fast. it continued, more people added in, and then out of nowhere Brittany suggested we play spin-the-bottle...and you know, honestly, I don't ever recall a serious moment at some party I've ever played this game, so naturally I was down...it's been a couple weeks since I kissed someone; I needed this?

we played, and we played this for over an hour, it just kept on going...though it seemed like the same people kept kissing the same people, so that was lame..I kissed the same four people the entire time - three girls and a guy. funny thing about that, guys always have to protest their heterosexuality before they kiss another guy. so nearing the close of the game, guy on guy kissing was somewhat normal, less dramatic, and just happened. the best part was I just finished kissing alaina, which was a little out of place - I went to end the kiss, but she kept gong, she I went with it, and then she eventually pushed me off? I didn't understand that transaction, but whatever. so as I get pushed back, I spin, the bottle gets hit and stops and lands on Mat, and on the high of the long drawn out tongue lashing I just had, I grabbed mat and shoved my tongue down his throat. the place went into an instaneous uproar, it was fucking hilarious.

after the bottle game ended we started reading from this book - one of those sexual orientated "who would you, what would you, what's the.." sort of things..yeah...nothing really happened after that...something came up about cuddling, and I asked Alaina if she wanted to be a cuddle buddy, and she said maybe some other night, and of course I was going to get to the root, no bush-beating here. So then i asked about Sunday night was possible, if she worked Monday morning or not..she lied, but I called her out on it..and then the topic got to DDR, and she's been meaning to come over and play with me. so she said we should definitly get togetherat least once some time this week to play; so then i say, "you don't work Monday, I don't work Monday - all day DDR-a-thon..and then maybe a cuddle session.." she gave a hesitant look so then I jarred in with, "What, it's not like I'm going to try and fuck you." and she started dying laughing..you see while the sex book was being discussed, we had a conversation about being a virign..so you see, it was a reference....back to that conversation..about not having sex..yeah...whatever...anyways, I cleaned up a bit for the drunk host, took home some cans in the process, and now I'm here, wide a-frickin'-wake...

so, how was your night?

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"so I got four cards and each of my cards said "Free Fun Apparel" or something like that. I gave one of the cards to Brittany as a parting gift." that's cute 🥺

"it's been a couple weeks since I kissed someone; I needed this?"
oh yes 05, you needed it, and so do I lol

"I kissed the same four people the entire time - three girls and a guy" WHAT you kissed a guy?!
"I grabbed mat and shoved my tongue down his throat" omg I'm going nuts in my bed rn... wait not in a bad way