Sunday, March 06, 2005

Party til 5...
...Ram'daguy

What an amazing Saturday we had..and it all happened because of something I shouldn't have done?

Alright, so the story goes, I slept in..and when I realized I was sleeping in, I made it official and slept in longer. I mainly had no will to actually get out of bed, no reason, nothing got me going...this the day after I talk about how I can usually convince myself to roll out of bed within those last few crunch seconds before I can barely make it and about to be late....

I think I finally rolled out around 3 or 3:30, regardless...Coinslot was still here, but they were getting ready to leave..until they read their email. the party they were going to in the region was cancelled, all plans were now as empty as Neil's hopes and dreams. Neil never wanted to do the Region show to begin with; and when things fell through at the last moments he was so angry and yet at the same time had such a burden lifted from his shoulders. He quickly tried to re-salvage plans to go to Memphis to see the Blues Clues ladies, but as fate would have it, time was not on their sides...

everybody's gone and I'm left in the house, left wondering if I should actually make an appearance at work or not. then, I see someone walking up our sidewalk and stairs...it's not Spaulding..and it's not Neil (who said he would be back in 10, but we all know how that really goes..).I wait, hear no knock; so then I open the door with the pre-planned phrase already coming out, "the doorbell doesn't work"..and as those words are being mumbled, my eyes caught sight of the greatest prospect to come from the WNDP's. That person is Chris; and no, not the fat one who used to be in Coinslot who rocked the harmonica/piano/guitar/backup singing like none other...

Chris came in and settled down, we talked, it was a good time. the punk even brought us a peace offering for not being around for so long, a bottle of wine (straight to my heart). When Pete and Jess got back, Pete instantly knew who Chris was and was surprised to see him once again, whereas Jess still had no idea who is was, saying something looked different about him - him who she remembered him. Well the only thing that could really be attributed to being "different" about the kid is the fact that he did the unthinkable and joined a fraternity...yeah, what a shame....funny thing is, he'll be living in the frathouse just down the road from us, literally one minute away walking time that is....

Neil eventually returned and was happy to see the return of Chris

No comments: