Friday, March 04, 2005

S'mores...
the camp-out...

So Thursday wasn't my typical uneventful non-working day, things happened indeed.....

I'm not gonna lie, I did sleep in til somewhere around one o'clock, would have been longer too I assume had I not been woken up and the words, "god, I even gave you a couple hours before I came back over" ring through my head....

so I got up (eventually) after deciding what to eat..which was a complex, round-about process believe it or not...I was so hungry threrefore I knew I needed to eat...but I was so hungry it was clouding my thoughts, making it near impossible to decide just what to eat for breakfast...as I tried to think, the hungrier I got...made the connection, good....in the end, French Toast was the victor (those bastard Frenchies...), I suppose that'll be the only time in history those words will ever be muttered....

next was the beginning of the official camp-out day...there had been a chance idea thrown out to make yet another trek to the region, but that was lost in the wind..probably for the better, right? anyways, amber and I quickly made it our goal to get this "Night on Fire"...maybe it was just me who was really pushing for this, I slightly remember grumbling the words, "I just want to start a fire" all night and this morning...so we went outside, just ten feet from the house, and collected rocks, leaves, and twigs..

We came back inside, I grabbed this pan/sheet/whatever I got from an estate auction and we headed to the basement. next to the tent, there I assembled a miniature camp fire rock pit, it's the cutest little thing, and thus making my camping experience complete for all future nights...for the record, I'll go ahead and say making a fire, one that actually is consistently going, is quite the daunting task...I'm still not sure how to go about making a "correct" fire, but we managed to get by, being extremely ghetto and using crumpled up bits of paper after our supply of leaves and sticks burnt out...

but in the end, we did roast the marshmallows, we did make s'mores, and we did manage to completely fog up the basement - along with adding a nice woodsy-burning smell to my clothes down here...next time we will be a little bit more prepared, get more and better supplies, and move the fire to the "Coal Room"..which we haven't used for anything else...*shifty eyes*

So after that we cleaned up...I'm sure I bored my guest to tears with my endless rambling and clicking on my computer, playing random TV show tunes for her...

our next adventure was to the Brave New Deli - wherein on Thursdays between the hours of 5 and 10 they offer all you can eat homemade soup and breadsticks for $3.50 and you just can't beat a deal like that...so there it was Jim, Maria, Amber, and myself vasking in the glory that was the homemade soup and holding friendly conversations...which turned into, "would you do X for X amount of money"...yeah....this soon became the downfall of the table and heterosexuality as we know it..well, almost...

Came back to the house...discussion of "the offer" spread like wild fire and everybody had input on it, amazing...nothing amounted to it, yet, so instead Amber and I decided to play Loser, one of the best board games ever..it's quick and fun..and you find out things about the other players in a cute fashion...Amber "never loses at board games", whatever...the first game she did win, but on the technicality that I kept landing on the challanges..and in the second game the roles were reversed, she landed on the challenges and I won...same score...so who's beating who now....

anyways...Amber and I watched Go...god I love that movie..we stayed up til the wee hours of the morn and passed out in the tent like we always do..yay for today!













"It's kinda like you and me here..I mean come yesterday whodathunkit?"

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

boy, you're typing too much, I want the juicy stuff lol
I want smoressssssss so bad rn (I didn't have lunch because I forgot and now I thinks it's too late to have lunch)

Oh god, I like camping. I like nature. On 6th grade we went camping, instead of having a party for finishing primary school, I told my mom to get me marshmallows and she got me little ones for kids. I never got to bake those grrr. I've had s'mores at home but it's not the same feeling.

Brave New Deli sounds something my brother and I would definitely try!