Thursday, March 03, 2005

WNDP22....
Comin' Back...

So this was the test to see if we could throw the switch and make things like they once were....

Alright, let me just go off on a little rant first.....people, just because the store closes it's doors at 10:00, doesn't mean you can come in ten minutes before closing, and doesn't mean because you have the entire restaurant to yourselves gives you the right to stay any longer...get the fuck out, let me get home...only on Wednesday nights..any other time, I don't give a fuck...

this will be the second Wednesday in a row I have missed the Ashlee show because of numbnuts coming into the OG as we are closing....don't they know we have already started closing up and shut most things down? whatever..I'm just mad because I don't know when MTV actually airs the re-runs of Ashlee...

so yeah, I arrive back at 412 at 11, same as last week, and people were already here, that's always a good sign to me at least...walking into a party.....

Again, the numbers were weak, I'm actually not quite sure who we were even missing to be honest..I just think we lost some of our clout, our street cred when word accidentally slipped out that WNDP's were over for good...way to build up everything only to destroy it Neil....anyways.....

but it went on regardless, which is always the plus...Neil was a little out of things, and started to not feel it early on...it's a funny interaction we two have...when he's all about it, I'm doing my own thing, usually wanting the world to die, and when he isn't into it - I do nothing but try to get him off and rally. generally, that's the only time you'll ever see me really getting down at a WNDP, is when Neil isn't quite feeling it...we work together in mysterious ways; I mean for obvious reasons, if neither of us are feeling it, there goes the whole thing, down the shitter, and lord knows I won't stand idly by and let that happen...

Neil went instantly into his defense of not feeling it because people weren't on the dance floor...so I took action, turned off the TV, turned on the party lights, and had DJ Jess workin' the tunes....after that everybody was getting down and it was like old times....

nobody ventured into the living room, people were either dancing or smoking hookah and talking in the kitchen...it was a glorious return to the right. Neil did cut out a little early, he was dead tired; I acclaimed his fatigue of him being out of shape - saying it's been a long time since we threw down on the dance floor as long as we did...

the party continued, group singings of LA LA and Since You've Been Gone, along with the crazy dancin' styles of Tunak Tunak Tun...

I picked up where Neil left off, which concluded with me laying on the porch starring up at the green light with an unashed, already smoked out cigarette hanging out of my mouth proving only to be a wrong thing to do, making me even more of an emotional wreck...I guess that is in typical Neil fashion.....

it was 2:28 when everyone left, good times were had, but the main point was that we danced like we haven't danced this year, getting us back on track (hopefully) for future WNDP's...

see you next week....

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"just because the store closes it's doors at 10:00, doesn't mean you can come in ten minutes before closing" hahaha oh boy that's awful. When I worked t the photography store, that thing happened.

"we work together in mysterious ways" it's balance, you're balancing it

"group singings of LA LA and Since You've Been Gone, along with the crazy dancin' styles of Tunak Tunak Tun.." hahaha what's LA LA? and is Tunak Tunak Tun the indian dance (I've youtubed it)
aaaawww Since You've Been Gone, those days... I guess I can say My life would suck without you 😊