Thursday, March 04, 2004

So What's the Deal With Instant Messaging...

Alright..why do I get online..I mean, not just to post random thoughts occasionally..why do I stay online...

let me tell you the media applications I run on a daily basis...AOL Instant messenger, more than likely it has been cloned over by DeadAim or AIM+, preferably the latter...Yahoo Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger, ICQ..running several screennames of AIM on Trillion, and would probably have Mirc going as well, if I could get in configured again....

I got Trillion as soon as it came out, told everyone about it...it was amazing..I also got the Devil Messenger, for those handfuls who know what I am talking about..I reinstalled ICQ to be cool and found out you can IM people on AOL, how badass...

Now I run multiple names of AIM because my Blue35tuesday buddy list is full, and I get quite aggravated when I have to add new people...because I have to delete others..doesn't matter if I don't talk to them, it's the principle..so I have many many people through different mediums I can talk to..but wait...

I went through this conversation with someone last week..they were reading off all the different people that were online and those that got online...and for each response I swear I said either, "don't know 'em" or "[I] don't talk to them"...out of almost 400 names, there aren't any I really talk to on a regular basis....

sure there are people who will randomly message me when they are feeling bored....and sure I'll message someone when I need them for something, but other than that, I don't talk to people...they are usually the conversation starters....and for what do I do this? beats me.....I can think of one reason why I get online...but conversation with that person usually goes awry..or they are gone with an away message..

so yeah, me getting online and staying online is pointless really...this great "communication tool" just doesn't do it for me I guess....I have my phone..you can text message me on that I suppose...so I guess I'll stop signing onto my messangers, does me no good..eh, anyone who's anyone knows how to contact me...so that'll work..Signing off, this is Jason..goodnight

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...


I don’t remember if I told you but before you I didn’t speak to anyone daily. I used to feel like WhatsApp it’s not for me, I still feel that some times… I rather face to face communication, or even phone calls (even though I’m not such a fan, because my heart runs a marathon most of the times before a phone call). I think my friends Ale and Shirley message me every week with random topics, wondering about life, news, memes, making plans to get together. I like more spending time together with them than texting, even if we are just in the couch watching a movie.