Sunday, August 03, 2003

The Virgin Mary....

So as I was coming home, geting out sorta early from Target, 6 or so, doing my usual route down 41 cruising at 70 i pass by the Virgin Mary, now as we all know this is my time to have my religious moment for the day. I was thinking about stopping, but passed that idea for i needed to get some sleep because asian tony was coming down today. So as i am taking my look at the statue, i notice a car off on the service road next to it, no big deal, probably just the farmers or something, until i noticed the car's front end was up in the air. In my very jason-esque manner, i did my U-turn at 231 and 41 and headed back. when i pulled up there was somebody already there, but i proceded to see if they needed help or anything. The lady handed me a card for a towing truck, so i called for one, saying they'd be there in 45 minutes, and the guy who was there before i decidd to get on with his way. It was really amazing what she did, apparently she was coming from Crown Point and wanted to visit the statue at 1am, crazy. but in the confusion of not being aboe to see te right roads, she took the serice road next to the statue, i'll admit, it is near impossible to get to the Virgin Mary at night, the entrances are not lit up and you have no idea where you're aiming for. So she has to be flying down this service road which extends straight for a good 150 feet becasue at the curve there was a huge concrete sewer drain pipe thing. she nailed that, knocking that over and under her car, propping the front end of it in the air. i say no signs of skid marks on the ravel road whatsoever. i havea pic on my xanga, it's funny. so i stayed and conversed a bit, then figured it was appropriate to the call the police, she didn't want me to so i had to sneak to my car to do so. the cop came and we waited...and waited. a little time frame for you: i arrived on the scene at 6:20, called for the tow at 6:22, cop came at 6:45, re-called for the tow at 7:00, re re called for the tow at 7:30, called for our own tow at 7:45, our tow arrives at 8:00, gets her out and i am back on the road at 8:17, yeah close to 2 hours there talking and whatnot, when i should have been sleeping.....
i'm always helping out..oh, the cop said he passed by the statue in the morning and noticed the car but thought nothing of it, then felt bad for not stopping and praised me a little. yeah i can rock at times....

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

I know I wasn't supposed to comment on trivial posts... but...
"i'm always helping out" yes you are, and it's really nice of you