Saturday, August 02, 2003

Irony at It's Best....

So as I lay here, trying tot sleep admist all the cals from asian tony updating me where he is at, my mind gets on memory lane and takes off at the Bad Times exit. I tell him the sad story and to look for a certain town... It was August 1st 2001 and I was leaving Ann Arbor after a week of Freshman orientation, good times. I headded out early as I was to meet with Brooke upon my arrival back in Indiana. I was still in Michigan, but 30 miles from the boarder when my transmission fried. It wa a terrible time, actually over three hours in that damn place, from truck stop to police station. why it took my parents three hours to go about an hour's worth of trip is beyond me, and the ride home was another two. so all in all the day was completly blown, but here's what i want to point out....since yesterday was an "anniversery" if you will, it seems too ironic that my point can be made twice. So here it my point, brooke was supposed to come over and visit with me or something of the sorts, well she never came over, never called, nothing, I was totally left in the dark..speed ahead a couple years to yesterday. actually the night prior, i called brooke on my way to target, she commentedhow she worked til 4 on that day of the first. well i tried my damndest to get ahold of her yesterday, never did, she never got ahold of me either. I come to find out from her sister she left the phone at home and spent the night with her friend. yeah...i really hate the end of july..at least my other curse didn't happen...yet....

No comments: