Thursday, August 28, 2003

Concert Tour Kickoff

Well yesterday was defiantly a day packed with events, both good and bad...the bad being limited to one thing, but major, and the good plenty of. I spent the final hours the ngiht prior getting the remainder of my shit out fo the house..spent a sleepless night in my seat, so i decided to play guitar and pay bills..of course if this were a dylan song it would have been, "spent a seatless night in my sleep, paying guitar and playing my bills"...god that's brilliant....

so the idea starts burning in my head more and more...then i call vince, ask him if he was free and if he wanted to road trip today...luckily he was free and went with me....

we drove down to muncie, wrote a song in the process, all was good...we ate in some cafeteria brooke always takes me to. we walked around the campus, playing our guitars in various places. we stayed for a couple hours, never seeing the elusive brooke, but running into mike fischer twice. it was getting after 4 and we still had a three hour trip back, so we decided to call it quits. i wrote brooke a note and left it at the front desk for her just as proof i was indeed there....funy part, not really....

i don't want to get to into it, but as i dropped off the note, a girl sitting in a group looked like brooke, granted i only saw the back of her head, i thoght it could have been her...of course i had been "seeing" lowellians all that day..which weren't the actual people at all, so i thought i was just being crazy agian....being up past 24 hours will play tricks with your mind as well. and on top of that, i figured if it were her, and she were to see me, she would obviously stop me, or say something, or anything..wouldn't she.....walked by her agian, no acknowledgment, continued on my way, took a picture of vince in ront of the "Wagoner Hall" sign, with brooke in the background...it was her, i know it was...i was ignored....

well at least we got to play guitar...my fingers are a little raw from it all. we made our trip with a detour in valpo to see jimmy. i think he enjoyed our little visit. we played for him as well, two college concerts in one day, god we rock. i did some back up vocals while vince played, it was great.

after that we returned to lowell, and vine let me stay the night at his house, yay for friends. asian tony called me, and i feel ba because i was really tired by 11:00 last night, drained pyshically, emotionally, and mentally, if those are possible. i tried to listen to him, but i was in my own little world. my reality was starting to settle in as well. we called it a night, and i went to sleep on the floor...i never got the call i wanted, from who i wanted...and as i laid on the floor, i remember not trying to go to sleep really, just laying there thinking...but the last thing i remember was rolling over to my side, curling up in a ball as i started to cry..i woke up in the morning, still here.....

No comments: