Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Lasagna Day 05/22/04
Well actually 05/23/04..shut up...

Well Saturday was a fun filled day...a long awaited day, that only made everyone wait more...

I worked at the Robin in the morning, knowing I should have gotten it off or switched or something..but left it alone..got off and starting making my way to Jim's...but he wasn't home, so what to do...killed an hour and a half driving the 1/2 hour is trying to get from Scherreville to Highland, no joke...and as soon as I got there I go right to it..getting out all the ingredients and going to town...

Jim left again to pick up his girl Amy..everyone else was at Pete's, so I was alone...then Tom showed up and I directed him to Pete's as well....I got off to a late start not only because of the delay, but because I forgot to prep the damn garlic...yeah, that took a lengthy time..but once that was out of the way it was clear sailing...well as clear as a 4 hour sauce can take...

everyone eventually made their way back to Jim's and we waited..and waited....Pete had to work at Target..and well, left before eating..yeah....

I felt terrible, cooking this dinner for the folk and having them eat so frickin' late....I slaved in the kitchen for 6 hours..I even enslaved Amy and Jessica who were nice enough to pretend to want to help out...they helped cut up the rest of the garlic and some of the vegies...there were a couple times I could have used a few more burners on the stove, but whatever..I made with what I had, and in pretty good fashion too...

I cooked on Saturday and we ate on Sunday..it was close to 1230 when dinner was finally served..everyone enjoyed it, or so they told me..maybe it was just the prolonging of the hunger that did it, or maybe all the love I put into it, but yeah I thought it was alright..

and thankfully Jessica took it upon herself to make dessert, a yummy chocolate cake...Relieving that stress from myself, but I did have a cake planned to boot..but I didn't have to make it, whew, relief....

so we had 2 and a half lasagnas to go around...I was really stressing at the end, running down to almost nothing for ingredients and toppers...time definitely not on my side, and a crowd of people dying of starvation with one already gone..yeah I was feeling it the next morning...at least one showed sympathy towards me, made me feel a bit better, but still I fucked up

and the funny thing is, I actually got calls from old friends on Saturday, asking if I wanted to do something, how funny is that...but it gets better..when I told them I couldn't because I was cooking lasagna their response was, "so...who are you in love with?" oh man, it kills me...

anyways that was my tumultuous weekend...how was yours???

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

My weekend has just started. Today's friday, I'll visit my friend, probably have a sleepover with her and her sister and watch something on Netflix. Girls night, y'all! haha and on Sunday... Oscar's night (I don't know any guy named Oscar I meant the awards celebration show)..

Also I got a cute quote: "everyone enjoyed it, or so they told me..maybe it was just the prolonging of the hunger that did it, or maybe all the love I put into it" aaaaw too sweet "so...who are you in love with?" hahaha