Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Work: Damn I hate It.....

So last night, well actually Monday night I got fed up with things...at Target. Yeah, my happy place wasn't so happy that night. I was overly giddy and hyper, yelling and getting people in an evangelistic way to follow me, all while working the line...then out of nowhere Stacey (who was scaning the truck and more or less upset about that) just started bitching at me about geting my stuff off the line....So I dropped everything I was doing and got my few boxes off..When a time came, I cleaned up my mess - moving the ladder and moving my PDT..Well she sees this and goes off on me again, telling me to stopping doing pulls, put down my PDT, get the shit off the line...I fire back at her with a question directed towards the other side of the line, "ok, where's my boxes..do you see any backstock....anywhere....where's my fucking boxes" as I paraded up and down the line looking for said boxes..there were none...so that ended my night...I said nothing as the remainder of the truck was unloaded...people knew it pissed me off....

so as I am in the backroom, pulling softlines of all things, chris walks by and asks his normal, "what's up?" I give him a glare..he asks me what pull I was in or something and I answered with that tone in my voice, he knew something was wrong and asked me...I replied, "what do I have to do or say to go home tonight..Because frankly I do not want to be here.." and we started talking, I told him "this is me being pissed off" though it was the restrictive holding things back, yet about to overflow and burst at the seemsand become violently angry pissed...He's never seen me upset before, he even made a note of it while talking..In the end I sent myself home...if I was to be treated like a nine year old, I was going to act like a nine year old...whatever got up stacey's ass is her problem, I "corrected" my end of it by removing myself from the picture all together..may seem kinda drastic, but hey, fuck it right?

So now we move onto RR...I tell you..I don't think I like it too much. To anyone who has ever waited tables, major props go to you...it is bust ass work, I shit you not. If you've worked at a slow place, well then congrats..you don't know what it is to serve a table then.... At RR everyone is accountable for everyone's tables...you see a table needs a refill, you get them one, even if it is not your table...your server may take our order, but they will not bring you out your food...they may get your drinks, depending on what they are. they will most likely not get your re-fills...So this is completely new to me..I, like most people, are used to one server, one person to worry about..but that isn't so...so then a question comes up, who do you tip..and if you tip the waiter, do the tips get spilt at the end of the night... No, you tip the original waiter, the one who brings you the bill and the money is his/hers, no splitting with other servers..because hey all do the same thing for everyone..getting refills/bringing out food/etc...so tip 'em

but like I said, I don't know if I like serving too much..I mean it's so incredibly fast paced, and I feel responsible like I should bring out the food and always get the re-fills and such...and then there's the fact I don't think about anything while I am there..I am off in my own little world...I am no longer jason..I am the sub-serviant bitch who takes orders and delivers....I forget about the outside world and all my troubles and cares..there's no time to think, honestly...Maybe it's a good thing..maybe people just need to keep themselves occupied with other things, other worries so thy don't have the time to over analyze every little thing, think things too deeply, ponder stupid ass shit like the meaning of life..Get over it, you're here now, do something about it.....

wow, anyways...maybe I don't mean all that, maybe I do..but that's that..work is sucking on all ends..everything is giving in..what is there to do? yeah, til next time..

No comments: