Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Oscar Predictions...

Ok, not talking Ghostbusters here (props to those who get that..) but the Oscar's are coming..and once again I'll make some prediction that will be horribly wrong...just as I said the White Stripes would get album of the year.well fuck to that, they deserved it straight up..but whatever....so here we go...

Best Actor - It's a toss up really, as much as I would love to say Bill Murray for Lost in Translation..I think it will go to Sean Penn in Mystic River...it's hard to say though..I mean Penn has yet to win an Oscar, being nominated four times...this will be Murray's third, in an underappreciated genre, comedy. I would love to see Bill win, but if he doesn't, it's going to Penn...

Best Actress - again, toss up..But I'll go with Charlize Theron barely pushing out Diane Keaton...history shall repeat itself, back four years ago when swank took the oscar from "american Beauty's chick" after loosing the SAG Award but winning Golden Globe..it'll happen again, it's a pattern....

Supporting Actor - Tim Robbins, only because it's a process of elimination here..and well, it just works out for him here..another mystic river actor here, but yeah, it shall be his, unless Penn gets it, then I wouldn't want to see the same movie get both actor and supporting actor..ok, it will be murray and Robbins...

Supporting Actress - Well some will say renee zelwhateverhernameis..but I don't like her, I'm sorry...her character's just annoy me...starting with Empire Records..something just disturbs me about her..so no oscar for her..We'll go with the crazed choice of Shohreh Aghdashloo..yeah you heard me..I'll spell her name right dammit...let's make history and honor an iranian actress...damn straight..ok I am an ass...

Director - No question about it - Peter Jackson...come on, three movies, nine hours, over a billion dollars in box office sales..it's in the bag, no more needed...

Movie - Again, LOTR, I'm sorry, it has to be...though mystic river should be coming in second, not a close one tough, only because of its heavy support from the actors..though Lost in Translation has the biggest emotional punch per dollar being a small budget and all..the others, I'm sorry, it's nothing...

so there you have it...my predictions..if I'm right...somebody owes me a dollar...if I am right on every single one...all my readers will bow down to me, and maybe I'll get one of you doggy style while you there...ok maybe not..but still I suck at predicting these things so yeah, no worries on your part...

2 comments:

MarisolLef said...

Oscars 2020

Best Picture- Parasite is the best movie between the 9 ones. However if Academy is fake, then Joker because of the media buzz or 1917 just because of the cinematography but c'mon

Best Director - Sam Mendes. Not my choice, but they probably are not gonna give the award to a korean. I mean Sam Mendes had a good idea of how making the movie, but 1917 is plotless. Bong Joon-ho had a great idea, a great plot.

Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix, keep it classy, keep it simple.

Best Actress - Renée Zellweger, for Judy. Oh, poor Judy.

Supporting Actor - Brad Pitt, I don't like him at all in that movie. He's gonna win because he has won the Sag, The critics and the Golden Globes. The effort he had to put on his character on Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is nothing compared to Joe Pesci's or Al Pacino. But ok, he deserves an Oscar but not for this but for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button or Fight Club, so it's again like DiCaprio's oscar.

Supporting Actress - Laura Dern, obviously great role.

Best Original Screenplay - Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Because Americans love Tarantino. I've liked more Parasite of even Marriage Story, that last one is well scripted.

Best Adapted Screenplay - Greta Gerwig, Little Women. Hopefully, she writes beautiful stories.

Best Animated Feature Film - Missing Link. Although my favorite would be Klaus, but Missing Link had won an award before, same goes for Toy Story 4.

Best International Feature Film - Parasite.

Best Original Score - Hildur Guðnadóttir, Joker. Hopefully

Best Original Song - "(I'm Gonna) Love Me Again" from Rocketman. I mean the elite and Elton, right?

Best Cinematography - 1917 ROGER DEAKINS, I mean Fargo, Blade Runner 2049, Shawshank.., he had made iconic shots.

If I'm right...somebody owes me a dollar... lol

MarisolLef said...

Ok, 10/13 pay time!