Saturday, February 14, 2004

Happy Valentine's Day???

Yeah, well ok, must I go ahead and make a post soley based on this "holiday"? Seems all too crazy to me, I'm single, aren't I? I don't have anyone special to celebrate it with...She's here this weekend, but is with her friends and family, something I don't want to interrupt. I did get her a present, actually I got something for everyone that is there, but I'm a little worried to bring it to her. She says she has something for me, which I wowed by, so yeah...it seems like there has been more talk about this day around me, moreso than in the past..maybe people aren't directing the entire conversation at me, but I'm involved in it..makes me wonder...

and don't get me wrong, this "holiday" doesn't make me mad, doesn't upset me, doesn't ruffle my feathers like it does to some people...I could care less, but that's just my apathy kicking in... Sure it may seem stupid, unless you are in grade school and you wonder if Angelina has a crush on you or feeling similar of that towards her...But lovers should be romantic..moreso than just on one day...I think there's too much pressure, especially on the guy, to get/do/go out on something...

Valentine's is by far over-rated..god, you should see how much random shit target has, it's utterly amazing just what the marketing geniuses thought of...I'm just waiting for Sweetest day to become as "popular" as V day.

And the term, V-day...others have shortened it to VD...day...which is totally redundant...Valentine's day day...that's like saying ATM machine..or PIN number...god I have society for it's stupidity...

but yeah..I think lovers should go simple...do something more than normal on this day, do something special for the both of them...even if that is sitting at home, watching a movie while eating Velveeta shells and cheese together...Maybe doing a movie marathon...or you're guys' favorite movie....the first move you've seen together...so forth....Celebrate your anniversary far more than V-Day...Yeah it's a romantic sort of thing...but your anniversary is more important..unless your anniversary is on V-Day...or you met on V-Day, purposed on V-Day..yeah, than you're screwed...

alright, well that's all the rambling for now...this won't update til may of 2005 so enjoy it once it arrives, til then, I'm gone...

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"Celebrate your anniversary far more than V-Day...Yeah it's a romantic sort of thing...but your anniversary is more important..unless your anniversary is on V-Day...or you met on V-Day, purposed on V-Day..yeah, than you're screwed... " yesSsSssS

My brother's anniversary with his girlfriend is on V-Day, they are gonna celebrate one year this month... yuck yuck yuck hahaha I'm so sleepy, so I probably don't read the whole post correctly but I mean, I wouldn't like my anniversary to be the 14, it's like an international holiday... nothing special, nothing "us", it had to be some other date... oh, also one of my aunts married the 14, lame lol

I'm expecting to buy myself chocolates and stuff... I bet my brother is gonna get so excited, and I'll just have to deal with that, but good for him, he deserves it, everyone deserves IT