Sunday, February 29, 2004

Glutton For Punishment...

Ohh man, isn't that title the truth..I am a glutton for punishment..in every aspect of my life, I think you all would concur to that, from my choices in life, to where I work, what I do, scars... It seems as if every little (ok maybe not little) thing I encounter in my life causes some sort of strife... Every obstacle gives me bruises, every path on which I travel has overgrown brush that scrapes my skin, and even the gemstones in my life cut my fingers with their edges.....and yet I still love it all....

I tell you, I hate working at RR, for many different reasons. Alright one, as I have mentioned before, it is completely bust ass work...if it was a person's only job..then they might be able to handle it...but if you have to work two jobs, like some of the people I know..then yeah we're going to die shortly.

Take last night for example: I was scheduled to work a double, no biggie, but it is a Saturday...going to be crazy...So I got to work at 11:30 I was given my section, A1, and I went to work...Now for the first three or four hours I was only covering two tables, the two tables the Hospos highlighted for my section, well there was a third, and I should have known better but it really didn't cross my mind...I would have liked to pick it up for that day though, afternoon tips suck...we're talking like three bucks...damn old people. So then I started working those three tables.at 5 Chris came up to me "reminding" (telling) that my section has changed to C6..and I said the person for A1 hasn't came yet..so I waited it out, figured I'd cover both til she showed, besides my tables were already occupied in C6 from the day server's people..so I was covered...but that's how it stayed for the rest of the night, me covering A1 and C6..it was insane..two completely different areas of the store to be covered...I told the people in C I would do my best, but if they want to pick up the table, just ask and I'll more than likely give it to them....So between the six tables I was averaging working four, mostly because one of the tables would be attached to another parties table so it eliminated one more table to watch for me...But there was a time I was actually covering all 6 tables..it was insane..When I went to the POS terminal and brought up my tables the lady behind me was just in awe...the screen was filled with tables...it was insane. So I worked a 12 hour shift with absolutely no break and no down time at all. By the end of the night I was sitting at my people's tables to take their order..and throwing in comments how they could stay for another three hours because I was tired of having so many tables...and actually most liked tat, they liked the fact they weren't being rushed out of their even though there were people outside waiting...I made them feel special in a way..

So yeah, bust ass work wit no breaks....I tell ya. I don't know how I will survive..but of course, because it is killer on me I will enjoy it in some sick little fashion and stick with it. Alright, I'll wrap it up here...I've got more..but I'll just put it in another post....man...pain....I'm worn out...

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

DDD: wow