Thursday, March 30, 2006

3 Days, 3 States...
900 miles...

A vacation, without the resting and rather just the time off of work..to do other things....

so I took a little trip, well, depends on how small you want to make it really - I think traveling close to 900 miles, making my rounds through three states, into a couple major cities in 53 hours can be considered little to some, and larger to others..how it got started

Tuesday:
So on Tuesday, I worked a morning shift at the OG..it actually was somewhat busy for the couple of hours I was there..but CT's were cut before anyone else due to the meeting at three..I actually reached the next level in the beverage competition on that matter, go me..anyways, shortly before three headed on over to Smokey Bones for the little CT meeting..all went well? whatever, found an interesting fact out..apparently Darden (the mother company of OG..) buys so much lobster, it actually sets the prices for the world on it..amazing...I got Matt B to pick up my night shift moments before going back in, which gave me plenty of time to get ready for my big trip..(note how I said big)

one thing I did while getting ready was I had UofM reactivate my mailing account...and the first thing I did was get on Facebook...I know..I am so fucking lame...after that I got a kinda late start to my newly appointed time schedule, was on the road by 730..ready to take on the 350 miles to AA... but the funny thing was, as I was leaving to go, something felt horribly wrong..it was like I was sad to go..which is just stupid.

the trip was long, took me 5 hours only because I found myself doing the speed limit and never had a partner on the roads..it was lame...I rolled into Ypsi about 1230, making it on over to Christina's on EMU campus. I ordered food, some crazy 16" sub thing from a pizza place, it was awesome..but I was only with this girl for an hour before I realized why I only see her every two years, and only for a couple hours at a time...I know I put up with a lot of shit, especially from girls, or so people love to tell me, but this girl actually had me pulling my hair out..I could not stand being around her, and I wasn't attracted to it either..so it was mind-numbing, but I managed, as I always do..

Wednesday:
So I woke up in the morning, made it over to UofM campus by 1030 and started to get the ball rolling...I got a campus map having literally lost all sense of direction for that campus and bought a whole bunch of stuff at the Union's bookstore..from there it was onto getting a fresh new ID, then make it to my 11 appointment with some adviser. the meeting was good, helped me even though most of it went like this, "does that makes sense?" - "yeah, in fact I finished the other half of the sentence for you..since you were failing to do so..." anyways, it got things prioritized for me, found out what schedule I should be aiming for as well. went over to the Poli-Sci department where I was faced with this extreme feminist bitch who had some sort of rod up her ass....anyways, I pushed through her rudeness and was on my way..walked around campus for just a bit, taking pictures, walking through the Diag where they were having the Taste of Michigan going on, it was cute. then it was back on the road for me...

while on the road I did partake in an over the phone interview for a summer job, it was cool, all went well, I wowed them, as always, and I got the job...but is it what I want.....

I made it into Chicago by 400, a good hour and a half later than what I was shooting for, but whatevs..I met up wit Brooke, we talked for a bit then we went for a walk..we made it over to 435dfgdfg and had a wonderful Deep Dish Pizza..from there Brooke made me go to her improv rehearsal thing, I sat and watched them play some game for an hour then it was back to her place. we made a quick stop at the liquor store, which is sadly enough just a block away if not less than her front steps, and were off to the "Ghettoplex" to watch V for Vendetta..the movie was alright, I liked the sentiment but they really didn't try at all to mask the illusions they were going for - they spelled it out as if we were all retarded..it had some good speeches, but no one-liners..not even the wine we smuggled in could have made me appreciate the movie any more..

after the movie we went over to one of her friend's places which was just around the corner from the movie theater. we stayed there a really long time, we had some beverages, people smoked hookah, we listed to old school tunes, but I think we stayed there too long..I started falling asleep in the chair due to the alcohol and lack of stimuli...so somewhere after 330am we went back to her place to call it a night.

Thursday:
I slept in til 11 or so, Brooke having to go to class in the morning but coming back to wake me up..I gathered my things, and things started to get not so cool between her and myself...I don't know if she was upset I had to go or what, but there definitely was a tension in the air, so whatever she had to go to class and I went back on the road towards Lynwood.

I got to my grandparents house around 230 and they were everso pleased to see me...I hadn't been there since mid-December and probably hadn't spoken to them or contacted them since January..sad I know...well we talked for a long time, I had a lot of news to tell them, all happening recently so it wasn't like I was holding out or anything..and then we ordered the pizza I was craving for awhile, stupid aurelio's..I never really liked their pizza so much, but for some reason I had been dying for it the past month or so..we ordered it, the sauce wasn't pasty on the edges like how I wanted it, and remembered, but it was still good.

it was after 5 and I was back on the road. I took the long way over to 65, with a stop at a Dunkin Donuts to take home with me..the ride home was uneventful and boring..I didn't talk to anyone on the way down, just drove..made it back to Bloomington after 10, back in the same time zone, back home. I unwound, checked my messages and settled back into the Bloomington lifestyle...

the trip was good, got a lot of things accomplished, but still wasn't much of anytime to myself..sure I had plenty of time during the drives, but I just would rather be typing up some blogs, carelessly watching TV, or napping...













"It's easier to leave than to be left behind"

No comments: