Friday, March 24, 2006

Good God is is Saturday...
..and will this day ever end?

the longest time I've ever spent in that building, I should've built a cot...

After falling asleep somewhere around 2 last night, I awake at 7 dying of thirst, but ignore it and go back to sleep...and of course once 830 rolls around I can't get out of bed...then 855 rolls around and I'm sprinting out the door barely dressed. We had a newly appointed CT meeting at 9...followed by a leadership meeting..so by the time those were finished it was close to 11 - and in my head 11, 1130..might as well clock me on now...so from then on I served...

the morning was craptastic...I didn't record what I actually made, I tried to but had 5 open tickets and $40 worth of my money in a gift card due to a screw up on my part..I actually sold a lot of alcohol for the morning,which is good for this contest we are having..but the tips were crap..I think I made 60..I don't want to say yay or nay and that's having four tables at a time, but I know the tips were crap...

I worked straight through, as always, moved into the bar - yay for sections that don't allow for parties..and yay for the bar so no underagers come in to sit in my section (though I miss out on all the underage action if you know what I mean)

I have a complaint about one lady, quick story..she order water no ice - fine - but when I went to refill her glass with the pitcher, a couple ice cubes fell in, and I swear she said to me, "well that's nice, but can I have a glass without any ice" and that's when I lost all empathy and told her it would be a few minutes.

the bar was alright, nothing that really upset me - again not so good tippers tonight. there were stories elsewhere for me..

1) I ran TJ's food to 404, I get there, drop it off and then ask them if they wanted grated cheese, standard procedure..and they do, so as I am grating it they tell me I should sing with them while doing it.. they bust into some random Italian opera ting..so I'm totally lost..I tell them I don't know that one and they laugh..so as I go to grate cheese on their other entree I start singing, "who wears short shorts, bahbada dahdadada" and now all of Danzante is looking at me and they lose it..I tell from for whatever reason I had that song in my head all day...once word gets to the rest of the restaurant everyone couldn't believe it and it was the running joke of the night..

2) at the beginning of the evening I had to buss my own tables, why, who knows, there were three bussers on, but I think they just forgot the bar, anyways..I walk past two bussers and tell them I needed a table wiped down, amber replies which one and I let her know..so she literally stops talking, goes to the table, wipes it down, comes back, and starts up talking again...I had to reset it myself..now to her side, I did just say wipe it down, but as a busser I thought it was implied to reset it as well....

C) Three incidents with Cassidy - we were both waiting for a compri in the alley, and when one of them was finished we both went for it, me standing in front of it, her diving from my right. she slams into me and we both go tumbling into Tom the manager..who yells at both of us..and I never make eye contact and whimpering about how all I wanted to do was send some food...couple minutes later I walk up on a conversation between Cassidy and Chantel about boxing up guest's food in the back, I only caught the last half where cassidy made a smartass remark, but knowing how Chantel approaches things, I know it wasn't the best..Chantel later cam up to me and asked if she should apologize, and after talking to me she did..and lastly- I was getting breadsticks and for whatever reason my hand was turned out and looked like it was palming a basketball..weird I know, then Cassidy out of nowhere bends over to get a soup bowl, not intentional I know this because of her reaction...literally five seconds go by where I am trying to figure out why I have a handful of ass all of a sudden, so I squeeze ever so softly to let her know what she had done..she started to get a little tiffed, but I was like, you put it right there in my and, what was I gonna do..to which she replied with, you know if it was anybody else I would have flipped out..and I came back at her with, good, so I'm not getting fired (huge backstory to that!)

IV) So right at 9 or so TJ is cut and I am not..when just a few minutes ago he said he mentioned something to the managers stating after this wait is over he [TJ] and myself [Jason] are outty..makes sense, we both had been there since 9, only TJ had a break for a bit in between..so I am at the host stand looking at the who's who...then TJ comes over, and then Fabi..and we were sitting there talking, and no host is around at all...when all of a sudden Doug walks up kinda upset and asks us where we were on Thursday last week..we are dumbfounded, so he tells us we were all at the CT training meeting across the street..and how we were taught to lead by examples and this and that and basically calling us out very upsettingly..at which time the phone rings and I use that as my out..so later in the alley the three of us meet up once again, and TJ and Fabi are really upset about the confrontation we just had....so we start going off on it..then I exclaim, "I'll show them a mother fucking example" - goes to microphone - "attention, attention" to which point everyone is now waiting for me, expecting me to go off in some crazed rampage of a rant.."now the real question of the evening is simply, who wears short shorts, I mean com' on" - hilarity ensues...

%) and lastly, my last table of the evening, I was sat with moments before getting cut - actually they wanted to sit at 101, and the host came up to me as I was talking to a table to ask me if I was still on, yeah..so they get sat, they are a little weird but nice, teetering on annoying, but it was ok...and then they asked for a manager, apparently I rocked their faces off - they were very pleased with me. apparently the lady works in service and she knows when someone is just doing it for the money and doesn't care and when people are genuine...and apparently she saw genuine qualities coming from me? whatever..so we talked, she loved me...but then sat..and sat...all the closers were finished by 1030, and yet I still had the last table...I started to put up the bar stools at 1055 just to make them realize we were closings..I even made the joke to Fred how I was there this morning and took them down, and now I was putting them up...I was cut right after 915, but I was there til after 11...they did leave 15 on 50, very happy..making my total for the night to be somewhere around 160..not bad, but worth it???

I went home and just tried to relax..sat around for awhile and did nothing..amazing...I do it all again tomorrow!













"Who wears short shorts......"

No comments: