Tuesday, March 21, 2006

To-Day's the Day...
..for something...

getting back into the swing of things...

waking up after only getting a few hours of sleep, with alcohol in your system the night prior is something I don't look to fondly on, well, unless it's Tuesday, then that means Monday night was a good time. I went to work at 1130, as I always do on Tuesdays - just one of the routine things I have to keep control of my life..it snowed last night, and by morning all the cars were covered with a heavy white blanket - something you don't expect on the second day of spring, but whatever.

I had to make a stop at Mindy's to get my uniform..she was almost out the door when she got my voicemail from the night prior asking her to either drop it off at my house or I'd stop by at 11 to get it..as I changed she gave me crap about being late, how matt the manager was upset I was late, and I found out she didn't cover for me. this made me a little upset..but on our way out she saw all the snow and didn't want to drive her car..she asked me what time I had to be at work, hoping it wasn't for another half hour or so so she could scam a ride out of me..but when I told her the time she told me to call off of work and just give her a ride to campus..I told her how I thought about just calling in the night before when I saw the snow falling, and had I called in, she wouldn't be seeing me now..

as I was walking into work, Rachann was walking out, she was a split and already cut - I thought this to be good news, thinking I would be cut soon as I was not a closer, and would be able to spend time it Dave, or just go to sleep, either way...well that was not the case...I was stuck there til 3, and it was a horrible day. I got upset with the way I was sat, I got upset with the needy ass people I was sat with, I got mad at the managers for razing me about Matt and I coming in the same time both wearing sport coats to the wine dinner last night...

in fact I overheard Doug talking to somebody about it and as I was passing I let out a loud, "Fuuuuuck youuuuu" right in the middle of the floor..everyone was in shock, but Doug walked away laughing, only to come up to me later to shake my hand for making him laugh. Doug later caught on that I was pissed about things and he tried to make it better..I wasn't made at him, I was mad at mindy for being such a jerk to me lately, and I was made at her for not covering for me last night, and I was mad at the fact Matt the manager was mad at me for being late...that and for getting crap about the other matt and I dressing alike..

so at the end of my shift I finally got to talk to Matt, and everything was cleared up...and the fact that mindy no longer cares about me became apparent then as well. I went home to find Dave napping in my bed..awwww - I should have cuddled up next to him but he was getting up as I walked in. we realized what time it was and made the decision to go to my Rock N Roll History II class, putting off eating for another 2 hours.

class was good, just wrapped up talking about Bob and we moved onto other Folk-rock artists..

No comments: