Wednesday, May 04, 2005

X-Day...
and other random events...

Exes, operas, feeling good, cutting it close, and losing your voice..just a few of my favorite things.

So the morning started off with me waking up after getting virtually no sleep. I had to be at work by 1045, but questioned whether or not I was really supposed to go in..they goofed on my schedule putting me down as a server, yet I haven't completed all the training...so I get to work, at first I was on my own, then Kyle realized I needed to do a reverse follow for the morning. so then they moved my section and Chantel was supposed to follow me.

that went all fine and dandy...I served a couple tables, all two tops, in the three hours I was there. when I walked into this morning though, I asked the hosts if at all possible try to get rid of me the quickest, explaining how I had a four hour drive ahead...I was shotting to be cut no later than 2, that was really my breaking point, anything after that time would be in the red zone...well I got cut and was out the doors by 215...

I rushed home, changed clothes for the most part, and headed out. I had amber check the weather for Chicago while I was hustling about - I can never legitimately get weather forecasts in a timely manner. current Chicago weather was 54...and current Bloomington weather was 68..confusing...but I accepted it.

the drive was fun. NEVER take exit 193 if you ever need gas..it's hell. I hate that BP with so much passion it's retarded...yet somehow I always forget what exit I shouldn't go to, and end up going to that one...the pumps take forever and the prices are 20 cents more expensive than anything around them.not to mention the staff that works there are a bunch of inbred incompetent hillbillies..oh, and none of my cards ever works there either...

so I drove, noticed while singing a couple Zeppelin songs that my voice wasn't full, I was missing minor transitions and a few high notes were passed over...but I thought nothing of it..just trying to get over the sickness I figured...

made a quick stop to see my grandparents..got my mail, the important thing still has yet to come. my grandparents flipped out about my hair, as I knew they would..and when I tried to hug my grandma, she looked dead - more frail and brittle then ever before. and then she showed me her scar from

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"just a few of my favorite things"
When the haters bite
When the WhatsApp rings
When I'm feeling blue
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad 🎶

"inbred incompetent hillbillie" aaaw, sheesh grandpa, keep it cool hehe

"made a quick stop to see my grandparents" adorable, btw what's going on with your hair lol
"and then she showed me her scar from" scar from where wha how?