Friday, May 20, 2005

Fire Before the Flood..
or is it smoke before fire?

well, nothing to start off your day than waking up at 6am with your back completely wet, you delirious, and wanting more sleep...

so yeah, that was basically the sum of the events of my day...and it happened within the wee hours of the morn. I don't know what woke me up, but I definitely noticed the wet side of my boxers first..it wasn't until I rolled around and finally got out of the tent did I realize my back was soaked as well...I felt around in the tent, trying to gather what was going on..and why was the wetness in one spot..for a moment I actually thought I pissed myself silly in the middle of the night..but it wasn't, I even check for a smell..nothing.

I tried to walk around the tent, to the back, but lord knows no light gets in there...then I managed to stumble up the stairs and take a piss...Jim was there, all I remember was a red blur and he was happy...I got back to the tent, stripped down, and fell asleep...

went to work, as a server..had only three tables, but made twenty-nine dollars..I took an eight top by myself - shhhhhh. so work was lame, I was there til 1 or so, then I got cut...made it home round 2, and decided to take initiative on the tent situation...it wasn't until I tore the basement and room/tent apart that I realized something...the tent is waterproof..and the tent sits on a tarp..on top the ground..and even if water were to get on top of the tarp somehow, it wouldn't affect a thing...the entire tent is waterproof, especially the bottom - I mean hell, it's supposed to sit on the ground for crying out loud.

so that's when I realized, if the bottom, or floor, or the tent is waterproof, in the traditional sense you would think of it keeping water out...BUT, if water were to get inside the tent, the floor would act in the same manner..keeping water from escaping..which then reminded me of the other night a cup of water getting spilled in the tent..I didn't see how much water was in the cup, figured the blankets would soak it up..but nope, that didn't seem to be the case...granted that was awhile ago, it's my only justifiable allegation...

why did the water stay in there so long - and why didn't I notice it sooner...well second question first..I hardly ever stay the night at the house anymore, so staying in the tent just isn't that common place any more..and as for water staying so long - I give reason because it's a basement..there is no breeze, no draft, no airflow...that coupled with the fact that it's in an even smaller enclosed area, the tent, which would block out any sun/wind/whatever..and the heating blankets are off..so yeah...

as for the rest of my day, I made it through half of cleaning and re-organizing the basement..well greater than half, I'm just letting everything air out, then I throw all the blankets and whathave you back in the tent..and we are set to jet....

but in between washing and moving things I did some crazy things as well..first off I started to reorganize the living room and dining room..wasn't that difficult, just some shit out of place that made it look really bad..and then I swept, and good god did it need it..you can totally tell a difference from before and now..from the huge piles just from the two rooms I can tell it has been a long time since it has been done, probably since the last time I did it...and then I did a load of dishes..and put them away...I don't know what got into me...but let me just say for the record..as soon as I started going, things people have been getting away with started to piss me off again...like the whole dishes in the sink thing...look, we have a dishwasher, it's there to wash the dishes..you claim to wash and reuse those dishes, but as for wash...no, I won't touch that stuff sitting there until it goes through the dishwasher..and as for reuse, hunny, then why do you have like seven forks and three cups in there..obviously we don't know the meaning of the word, reuse...

but whatever..Mindy helped and since I told her if she was nice I may actually be sociable and hang out with a group of people for the evening..I had to make a stop at target and tidy up some ends before I headed over..she cooked diner and all was well...well, except for a phone call I made., and that of course is my fault.

I called Vince to get some specifications on apartments/houses for this upcoming august (or maybe sooner) he said the closer to campus the better, naturally. and I reminded him of the cost factor increasing the closer you get to actual campus...it didn't hit me then, maybe an hour or so later, right at the end of dinner, but it hit me, my problems of the past, my problems before with living on my own, and ties the restrain me from moving on...and so what seemed to be a promising night of non-antisocialness, turned into the contemplative quiet Jason night..

whatever...so now since my room is "under-construction" I will be spending yet another night at Mindy's...











"the trouble I have is, I can't officially make my island because I'd need the help of another"

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

“contemplative quiet Jason night” aaw, that guy would’ve been my soul sister lol

“the trouble I have is, I can't officially make my island because I'd need the help of another"
That’s my problem now... I mean if I could just create a perfect someone, I would already have my life made. I’m ok being lonely (most of the time *said in Bobby D voice lol*) Maybe I feel very sufficient and independent because I’ve never lived alone but I’m a super mature girl for my age. I don’t need anyone if I’m determined to it.