Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A Killer Kinda Day...
you too should have been there....

I've had my face rocked off before, but this was...about one under par..under? but I meant better....

So of course the day got off to a late start, mindy and I both slept in, me partly because I couldn't figured out the math in my head of when was the latest I needed to get going by and so forth..whatever, we get up..get delayed waiting for a car exchange, and get on the road..it's now close to three and I know in my head, if we drive straight through, we will get there in time for the concert..

so we drove, I'm still trying to get a hold of Dave because he is supposed to buy the last ticket off of me..and hasn't told me otherwise..so I got this ticket here for him..and he's not returning my texts, or im's, or calls..but whatever..maybe he's in anti-social mode..maybe he's just a douche-rocket...Definitely the latter....

so as I am trying to reach Dave, I am now thinking who can I sell this ticket to for any bit of money...and before any thought process begins, Brooke get s a hold of me and wants a ticket..I'd say perfect timing..if it were perfect..I tell her I'll let her know what the deal was and tried to get Dave a couple more times..finally I broke down and told Brooke I had an extra ticket for her..

we get to Chicago, driving around in circles looking for a place to park then we come up on an intersection with a cop on every corner..I ask Mindy if she still has her belt on - she was moving around before and took it off..well we get to the stop and all of a sudden there's a knock on the passenger window..we roll it down and the cop looks and says, "ok, you're being safe" - because Mindy removed only the top half of the belt, she still had the bottom half remaining, that's what saved her ass from getting a ticket...then the cop mentioned how I had a "Fuzz-Buster" and I started to take off..I didn't want ot deal with that...so we drove and I found an awesome spot, it was like this forgotten, how do you get there sort of place..it was right on the corner of rancid St..but on the opposite side of this campus area, so it was blocked off..I don't know, it was really cool to me..whatever...

so we walk up to the Riv, Brooke is waiting, she hugs me, we go inside, get frisked, and make our way to the stage..yeah, talk about hipsters as far as the eye could see..Jesus Christ, I'm surprised we all didn't lose our cred since more than 5 people were in one public place...

anyways, the concert was awesome - at the beginning we had a debate as to what song would be their opener and what would be their encore..I try to guess encore, but I got that wrong, but I got the opener right - Midnight Show..and as for the encore, it was Jenny and all the things I've done...so I was fucking pleased as cake..

during the show I was looking around into the balcony seating, something you would see for an opera - if you've been to the Riv you know what I'm talking about - and to my left was none-other than John Malkovich! yeah, that was totally cool...oh yeah, and to my left was U2...I could care less about Bono and U2, but I still thought it was pretty cool to see them go to another artists concert..unless they are trying to steal the lime-light, then they can fucking die..well they are U2 so they can do that anyways..whatever....

after the concert we tried to find somewhere to eat, but the pizza place was closed and we settled for Clark's..after that we headed back to the hotel..which was quite the luxury of sorts...I got to watch TV on vacation!!!













"god, the people in room 114 hate us...."

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

hahaha you dawg, I’m talking about the last quote.

Wow, that really is a day to remember. So you went to a The Killers concert, cool huh?
And seeing other artists there, man, lucky! #ProofThatJasonIsLucky

I’m craving for pizza... I’m hungry... maybe I should go to bed
🌊ya hehe