Saturday, January 31, 2009

Music is My Hot, Hot, Blowjob

btown for a day
music for eternity

music equals why i'm alive; live music equals love of my life

so friday was my day off of work..my first in a week since i picked up two shifts this week (as an SA none-other) and i was going to use it to my advantage...well, the sleeping in til 1pm was part of it, but i had things to do..funny how that always goes, whenever i want to get things accomplished, i'm a lazy bum to getting up and getting around...

i run my errands, buying milk in the process - my job, no..but did we have any in the fridge, again no...i hate my roommates..especially when they can't do their chores..all the while i am running around, trying to get everything finished as quickly as possible i keep getting bombarded with text conversations slowing my progression - if there's one thing i hate more than any other it's being rushed/being rushed with a barrage of questions. now some people will read this and think it was them, but no, honestly most of you all were really good, i think maxing out at questions (once while the day was going on and later as i drove down) but calls and texts every thirty minutes drove me crazy...that's not unreasonable...

in light of the added stress i took a breather and decided not to come down so early...sat in my apartment, blogged, did god knows what..finally getting on the road at 915...down to btown i went, on one of the coldest nights this year.....my car said it was 6 degrees outside..my body said "quit" - i hate the cold..why is it i pick the worst days to travel....

regardless i make my way down to the place of B. i met up with my friend hippo outside the Bluebird with a pass to get in for free..i had time for that. but what i had more time for was the live music...now the first band to preform wasn't the best, but the chick lead singer was a spitting image of a former co-worker at the CG..i swear it was her..and it would be something she would be doing too...

but the next band to come on would rock my socks, granted they are just a cover band, you'd be surprised....oh, the bands name, dot dot dot....right...no, like for reals, dot dot dot...anyways

what i liked about this band is that everyone got an opportunity to sing at least one song..and the lead singer would fill in on guitar, bass, or drums...wherever needed..that was really cool..but it sparked one of those deep secrets of mine..something i've only told a hand full of people, but now i will tell you....sooo a handful plus three?

i have always wanted to be a frontman for a band, a coverband at that - mainly because i have no real talent as an artist - and you know, i'd even settle for an instrument, bass, drums, whatever...just to perform in front of a live crowd and allow them have a good time...to quote Almost Famous "You know what I do? I connect. I get people off. I look for the guy who isn't getting off, and I make him get off." that's all i wanna do...have fun

buuuuut that'll never happen..i can't sing and that's about that..soooo, there you go, what i'd really like to do with my life, i can't do, so that's why i don't ever tell anyone..cooool life huh

so dot dot dot rocked out from midnight til 3am, closing down the blue bird - granted they had a short intermission of about 15 minutes, long enough to use the bathroom and get some drinks....that's about the time my friends bailed on me too..they also had a three song encore..mind you they also claimed to have a whole new set for the next day's show..so..wow..

other stuff happened, but that's another blog..i just wanted to highlight the music part of it...that's what put me in a good mood the rest of my stay in btown, that's what put me in a good mood all day saturday...and that could have been why i made so much money on saturday...that, or i truly am a rockstar....








"i love how it may be 6 degrees in btown, but you'd never guess by what the girls are wearing.."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo, sorry about "bailing" on you. I had to work in the morning, and I'm old and can't stay out late and wake up early...I'm just not built that way...and Wes had to go shoot guns at Atterbury...so yeah. I'm glad you enjoyed triple dot...you should friend them on Facebook/MySpace, and then you can find out when they'll be here again! :)

Jangus said...

it's cool....at least you were there...that's more than a majority of the people i know in bloomington would have done...and consider it done and done...i've befriended them and they play in indy the 27th and bloomington the 28th