Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW DAY Part 2

more snow
snow more

roads, apparently dakota ridge doesn't think we need roads...

i wake up overhearing my roommates talking outside my door this morning..god only knows what time it is, but i say eff that and roll over...i wake up later..feels like 1 to me, i go to the bathroom for my morning piss and upon my arrival back to my room i see the clock says it's only 9am..this can't be right..i take a look at my phone for a second opinion...nope, it's 9 alright..coool...i'm awake and it's early...this is weird....everyone else is sleeping, nobody is online, so i go back to sleep..i don't think i want to start off my day this early

i awake only 2 hours later...cooool..i try to get ahold of some people, again, no success...my manager (the one i hate) has also left a message on my phone during that nap..its a weird message, a hey call me when you get this...not the standard 'do you want to take the cut tonight' or 'hey we need this bla bla bla' so i think i am in trouble, great....

i get up but keep to myself in my room...once 1 rolls around i make my way out through the apartment..this wakes up Gary...i make some breakfast/lunch - a pbj&h - and decide to call my boss back...see, 11-1 is the 'lunch rush' so i didn't want to bother him then..so i waited til 1. so i make my call and as it turns out i am not in trouble, he just needed a host..the snow storm that came in last night has caused a lot of people to not be able to come into work...but then he sees that i am SA'ing tonight so it wasn't going to work out anyways...he comically made a comment if i knew the spiel or not, but then said of course i did..so i told him i'd see him at 5 and the call was ended...

little did i know i just botched my roommates plans...gary comes out of his room as i am on the phone, listens to me talk, and as i hung up he erupts...apparently the numb nuts called in to work saying he couldn't make it in because of the snow...mind you he called at 8am for his 5 pm shift...wow..that takes balls...

now the best of the story happens just a little bit later, at work, while we are still at home...so as the story goes...soapy comes into work and B Hewey is updating her on all the call offs and the line up for tonight...she sees my name on the list...she over hears gary's name being said for calling off..she puts two and four together..she confirms with Hewey that gary called off...and that jangus is still coming in...and then she asks him if gary is at his home...and if jangus is at his home....hewey doesn't see where this is all going until soapy says...don't you know they live together...the moment that was said hewey gets on the phone with gary...."how's that not coming in working for ya?" gary would respond saying, well since jangus thinks he can make it i guess i'll just ride with him...

while gary is getting ready i make an attempt to unbury my car...the snow is piled high and i am in work pants...coool...so i do my best to swift the snow off the hood and the places i can reach...then i hop ontop of the hood and work forward....it was the only way i saw i could get the snow off without stepping into three feet of snow..

now the lowest snow built up around my car was on the passenger side rear door...so i hopped down and got in through my backdoor...this is where my idea goes wrong...i start my car and pull back a little bit...driving from the backseat using my snow scrapper to engage the brake and gas pedals...i get out of my spot decently enough for me to make some more rounds around my car getting the other snow off....but in the process of backing out, i lodged my car right into the snow drift...

see the apartment complex i live in decided it would be good to only to plow one little strip of the road, and push all the snow onto the sides of the road..where people's cars are...now looking back, had i been in the drivers seat i probably would have been able to get my car out of the snow pile, but driving from the backseat i feared i wouldn't have the ample reaction time to stop the car from hitting the gran-am that was right behind me, so i stopped short, and thus stopping it on the ridge...way to go...

so then gary comes out and yells at me because he wanted us to take his car...right, a cavalier handling in the snow..let alone getting out of that spot...no, not possible. so now my car is stuck...gary pushes because he thinks he is some sort of manly beast..i sit in the car and drive it nowhere...all the while this is going on, people are coming out of their apartments with shovels, getting their cars out, then going back to their apartments to put away the shovels....not one person offered to help...but the kicker is...everybody who got out earlier today was coming home from work..and lived down our street...

my favorite was when this bitch is a silver cougar comes down the road and pulls up nearby my car...now she can't get by because i am half in and half out..we are struggling and then i look at her, and the moment i do, she gives me the hands up shoulder shrug like, "come on" - about this time gary says now we look like assholes to all the girls that live here....so i go off..i see this bitch do her little hand gesture, probably rolled her eyes..and i say, oh yes, yes, my fault, let me just get in my car and move it out of the way! i'm not stuck or anything..i can surely move my vehicle with the greatest of ease right now...in face....ohhhh, you got me....this is all a joke..me stuck here preventing you from parking...you just got punked....this is about the time she decided to back her car up and go down another road...

the maintenance crew from the apartment come by in their little riding lawn mower and see us struggling..the first people to help us...at first they start pushing my car in and i ask gary, which way did you tell them we wanted to go? he said in...god what a fool...so i yell out my window..we want out, not in...so everyone changes sides of the car and starts to push us out.. within minutes we are on the road...gary and i quickly run into the house to get what we need for work and hop back into the car...

on our way out of the apartment complex as we turn right, to my left i notice that silver cougar with the bitch in it.....stuck halfway in a parking spot....karma's a bitch, bitch.

work is work...everyone makes fun of gary for trying to call off...i SA and have only a two server section again..lame...i make no money, spend it all on wings (finally got my wings!) and alcohol at bdubs while i wait for gary to get off of work...

we get back to the apartment and we try for a spot..they still have yet to finish the plow job, and my car gets partially stuck...so i get out and start to push it..then gary gets out...i tell him..cool, i left the car in drive, so when we push it out its going right into that truck you realize...so i went and turned the wheel..we get it free with no problem..i run up to the front door and just walk with the car as it is in driving, steering from the outside right into a new, better spot...










"oh right, i'm not thinking fourth dimensionally, once we get the car out of the snow drift, those cars won't even be there...my bad..."

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads. (In response to your opening line.)

Jangus said...

that's exactly what i was gong for wit it!