Friday, January 27, 2006

The Beginning of the End...
does it really matter anymore?

When all else fails ask yourself, what was that all about?

So again with the sleeping in thing - though it is kinda hard when you wake up and start cuddling the thing next to you..and it's (in your head) a really hot cuddling session..body parts all intertwined, hands just barely away from certain sexual places, and heads touching...god I'm such a woman...anyways it's 2 and we are just getting out of bed..make some...I don't even know what to call it, it's not breakfast, it's not lunch..it's our first of many meals of the day...mindy had to go to work at 330 so that left me to sit around and do nothing for a little bit longer...

I get to work and I love the section I'm in..no not really..it's not a bad section actually, just the people working around it cause a bit of a problem..in my same section are Steve and Jeremy...and when they are at a table they feel as if they are the only ones in the entire restaurant...you can't get past them..and with the two of them blocking my exit path, I got nothing...and at times Leah blocked my entrance with her table at 321...and don't get me started with the wheelchair at 311...I almost had to go around through amarone to the back of bianco to get into my section..shoot me...

and after they made cuts it was retarded..I had one table who was finishing up, and I wasn't cut yet...there was no real reason to keep me there..and as I try to convince them to cut me, they do the opposite and seat me..but the funny thing is chase for whatever reason thinks it is his table, and he greets them..so I try to get the hosts to cut me still..but it doesn't happen...at the moment the try to give me an eleven at the family table I take back my table from Chase and get sat with a three top...

well the three top proved to be a really awesome table..at first glance they looked a little trashy, what with the wife having tattoos all on her exposed chest, an illmanered teenager and so forth..they bought a glass of my favorite wine, the valpoicella, with my thought of them not liking it...but they did, they both did, so she orders a glass and I start talking about the wine, telling them what I know..and then telling them to buy the bottle next time so on and so forth...well their bill was 55 and he told me to keep the change..and while I was in the back to close out the check I found that they left me a twenty dollar tip, so I made my way back onto the floor to see them as the passed by me..I thanked them again and realized you can't judge a book by it's cover...I know, it's trite but true..

as for that table I took back from Chase..three girls..it was Casey's birthday..and they made a joking comment for me to sit with them while they told a story..so I did, threw them off, but that got things going..so everytime I go back to that table I just take a seat..we talk about random things..I think one of them had a crush on me - so when they give me the signed credit card receipts I say, "what, no phone numbers" god I'm brilliant..so they all pass the ticket around and write down their names and numbers on it..I think I could have joined them in whatever they were doing that night, but didn't push for it..

somehow I pulled out of there with a bill..don't understand that at all - especially since my first table left 2 on 26 and my next table left 3 on 47...yeah, fucking shit..and it wasn't ever that busy..I had open tables or most of the night...my last two tables were the best, the twenty and the 10 the girls left ( with a note saying they owed me twenty more, but that's for next time), whatever, I got numbers out of it..which regardless if I call or not, is one of the best tips possible..knowing you're a rockstar...

so I got home...mindy called to see what was up, we chatted about the rest of my night, and I could tell something was up..her responses were..off? she wanted me to go out, but I stayed in, away from everyone, organized a cabinet and figured out how to work the dishwasher...made it in bed at 2 with a lot on my mind...












"I don't want to eat your stupid food, I don't want to see your stupid movie or hang out with your stupid friends..I don't want to be apart of your stupid life...."

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

“ god I'm such a woman..” hahaha gosh, I’m lesbian for you J06. Man, that writing is making me hawt over here

“ I start talking about the wine, telling them what I know...” ooh so that’s why you know so much about wine! You worked at a Italian restaurant. That’s cheating! Hehe

“ I say, "what, no phone numbers" ..” oh I see, you’re a charmer. And yet still in love with Mindy...

The ending quote was very... stupid! Lol hahaha