Saturday, February 18, 2006

Eighty-Six'ed
you and everyone we know...

one of the worst Saturday's to work..and I took it all in stride...

the morning was retarded as ever..wake up and there is snow on the ground...get to work and I'm in bianco, a Saturday morning classic now...so that means I have to put up with large tables, making large tabs, but leaving small tips..annoying, yes. I got into it with this lady who asked for our minestrone with just the broth and shells...after I told her that was virtually impossible, our soup has very little shells at any given time, and as for broth..virtually none...she goes into a rant about how that's how she always gets it at Greenwood...I snapped and told her this isn't Greenwood, we do things a bit differently here..

she didn't like that..she was also the one who ordered the "chicken with broccoli and alfredo sauce", to which I asked did she want the chicken con broccoli substitute alfredo sauce, or chicken alfredo add broccoli? she freaked out and started pointing at her menu...turns out she wanted chicken alfredo add broccoli..to which I charged her for the broccoli....

I somehow turned out $85 from the morning..and worked straight through into the night..I being tina's replacement at 4, Leah S being my replacement at 430 and Leah S having her replacement come in at 430 as well...a little tricky, but we pulled it off...

so the night was retarded as I stated...we ran out of coasters...glasses (using anything we could get our hands on)...small togo containers....grated cheese...and steak pieces for the Alfredo Steak Gorg and the Mixed Grill...and not to mention this was the new manager's first Saturday night by hisself..yeah, good times....

and not to mention the host staff was pissing off everyone in the world...well except for me..I didn't have a problem too much, but others were going to kill someone...Leah in particular...

the night ended, making only $90, and I stopped by mindy's to pick up the rest of my clothes...went home, accidentally took an hour nap, showered and then sat around..I didn't want to go back to Mindy's for food...it would have just been stupid....













"Man, fuck this shit..."

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"the morning was retarded as ever..wake up and there is snow" I think snow is cool, you are blog that uses retarded the most.

oh, minestrone is also a common dish here. We have so much in common with Italian culture, I love it.

Oh boy, that's a saturday to test your patience

Ps. I've crying so weirdly lately that the skin of my eyelids are peeling, Your story helped to distract myself. Thanks