Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Cold Turkey Sucks!
I mean sandwiches...

you know, you'd think I'd learn by now...

So it's the first of the month, a good pre-start to what I hope to keep going for the entire month..WRONG. So I go to work, mindy was surprised to see me for I picked up a shift for Robyn. Mindy was in one of the worst moods I had ever seen her in, and it's funny that I was in a decently good mood..our moods are directly inporportional to one-another.

the first thing she says was how it's cool that I am not talking to her..and I say my favorite double negative line, I'm not not talking to you...HA..apparently some of the text messages she sent me I actually didn't receive, which makes me think about what if I were to have received them, what would I have done with all that guilt of trying to take time away..

everyone at work asked me what was wrong with mindy, if we were fighting, and so forth..so by chance we got off at the same time and we went over to her place to talk things out..and talk we did, apparently I've been misinterpreting the situation, not fully understanding things, and possibly just overlooking things as human nature..whatever the case, it finally got through and I promised to make a difference..of course by then it was getting late, 4, I still needed to run to my house and be back to work by 430...

I had picked up a host shift with the promise of being first out and a free meal from Doug...I did so because, well, I needed the money and didn't make jack at lunch..it was a pretty busy night to be honest, we had a lengthy wait list, mainly two-tops, but still..I had at least four servers with four tables.. Elizabeth came in to say Hi to Drapper and me..and speaking of Drapper, that bastard was a moody little bitch all night, so I just stopped seating him after he complained about his third table....

I had a section to seat that consisted of three people..nine tables..so I got bored real quickly and started seating the entire dining room...it was fun, at one point I even took lead and then wanderer...but my night came to a close, not as soon as I would have liked, I was home by 830..and by 9 I was dead tired and decided to take a quick nap...

well that didn't happen, I got up at 1130, knowing damn well it would be virtually impossible to pump out two 4000 character essays on shit I didn't even care about in thirty minutes..only realizing later I had an hour and a half, but whatever....so I played DDR, showered (mainly because I reeked of Jimmy Johns) and started to get on with my night...

THEN mindy called, bored because of her night and wanted to do something..everyone else was asleep or doing something else...so she turned to me, and I reluctantly had her come over..with Taco Bell of course..my night was already ruined from missing my deadline, I had nothing left to offer, so why night kill it completely..

Mindy arrived with the Bell food and we watched Home Movies, talked, then finally decided to put The Blues Brothers in...we got an hour into it all and somehow it was already 5am..so because mindy had a 9 o'clock class she HAD to go to, we decided it best to go to sleep..

and there you have it, the end of the night, the end of a short lived run...the end..













"If he were my son, I'd kill him..and if I were his son, I'd kill him...shutup...."

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

“ I got bored real quickly and started seating the entire dining room...” what does seating mean here? That you make the clients seat at a table? 🤔

I’ve never watched Home Movies, funny tittle