Friday, April 08, 2005

A Beautiful Day..
my favorite accident..

Today happened..that's about all I can say..it was good, things happened, but nothing random?

it was a very beautiful day today, the weather was slightly a little warm, but the sun was shining brightly, birds were chirping and flying about, all was well and happy..but I had no idea...I slept til11, and I had no intentions of getting up. but I knew that my day was going to be short so I might as well just get it over with..

I made it to work on time and, you know, for a Saturday, it wasn't like a normal Saturday...I was able to keep busy for the first two hours..then the other busser got cut by the third..during the third and the fourth I basically sat around..I ate a salad, harassed a fair share of people, staged mock fights..all with breaks every 15 minutes or so in order to check tables and make sure they were clean....

my replacement came in at 4, she wanted to pick up my shift but didn't want to go in at noon, so I agreed to come in for four hours so she could sleep in...I left work, I even got tipped out as well, made me very happy. got back here, passed out for a little over an hour, and awoke, grabbing something to eat and started to get ready for the night...and even after I got a phone call to let me know what the deal was, I still took my time getting ready, gosh I'm such a fuck...

I decided to drive only because I thought if I went with my original plan of walking I'd arrive late..I parked in my favorite downtown area to park at and then walked the remaining distance to Rhino's. there I met up with Amber, Jess, and Shizamm..we waited in line for a bit, more people merging into the mesh in front of us pushed us further back in line..

the line finally started moving and we got inside, and then quickly pushed our way to the front. as soon as they started to check the sound I forgot that I left my earplugs in my car (yeah, I'm one of those people...) we had to sit through three other bands before Motion City got on..the first two bands..whatever...the third band..yes, that's where it was at...if I were to walk away from that show tonight, I would have at least heard one descent band.. I mean they weren't completely rockin' my face off..they were just this group of old guys playing good music..

Then Motion City got on..it was funny because they were all professional about it, they had in their ear-pieces and in the beginning were constantly like, "umm, could I have more/less whatever in my eairpiece..." the show they put on was good..I especially enjoyed the singer's hair...one thing I don't like about shows..well two things...one: you got those rowdy kids who feel it is appropriate to push and shove..that's their dancing...and two: it's always too hot..these places don't have AC, or they just refuse to turn it on..

one of the funnier points of the night was the irony of a conversation I had wit Amber...once inside we noticed it looked like middle school had just let out...so we were commenting on that, and how I should hook up with one by the end of the night..so in between the breakdown and setup of the third/fourth set this random girl comes up to me and commented on my outfit..Ironically enough her group of friends were standing in front of us, so she stood with them...and then she kept talking to me..well me and Amber..but mainly me. the girl did give me her number, and we danced throughout the night, and yeah, she liked me....

so after the show the place clears out, few sticking around...I wanted a pic for some odd reason, but didn't find one, no biggie..so the band members came out and were taking pictures and signing autographs, so Amber and Jess were standing around the guys to get things signed..and then there was me..I just had a question..once the crowd thinned I walked up to the singer and had this brilliant conversation...
AP - So I don't want any autographs or anything..I just got a question..
MC- ok, shoot
AP - so I was wondering just how do you get your hair like that, cuz it's fuckin' cool
MC - umm,well, I use volumizers..yeah a lot of those..then I got this clay stuff...it comes in an orange can thing and I can't think of the name...but it's like a wax putty thing and I just put that in there with the volumizers and whatnot...
AP- ok, cool deal, I was just curious because the hair rocked my face off..*starts to turn* oh yeah, and uh good show too...

so, yeah, after I told him his hair rocked my face off I started to leave on that note..then I realized I had to make a comment about the show, otherwise I'd be some sort of douche..and then I said "good show", so clitche and ingenuine...but that low response after the hair response, I felt a little stupid..

so then I got back to my car, went over to Big Red - they had Grey Goose Vodka on a killer price, so I picked up a couple bottles..and then went back to 412. upon entering everyone was completely faded and the "party" was pretty much dead...and it was only 12:30...everyone who wasn't passed out was telling me the night's events, involving drunkenness, concussions, and an ambulance trip to the hospital..great.....whatever party animals...

my night ended with some food and on the computer now...













"you're adorable...he's adorable..isn't he adorable..."

1 comment:

MarisolLef said...

"I felt a little stupid.." I genuinely think you were one of the coolest, like everybody is getting either a autograph or a photo and you just have a question. Cool ducks!

"you're adorable...he's adorable..isn't he adorable..." he is