Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day 10

Ughh I Quit...
Well not really

But this place will be the death of me..or so I feel?

Alright..so it's Wednesday, and today wasn't that cool...class work took just as long as it did yesterday, but our instructor andrea was right, it did seem a lot longer...we were let out around 5, but that only because we all needed to go and pick up our shoes...

And then after that it was of course dinner time..but there was a huge line that wrapped around the wheelhouse...and by the time we got our food it was nearing very close to 6, which was time for the "Town Hall Meeting"..so we all basically had to inhale our food, no good, especially since it was mashed potatoes night...ughh, I was soo upset..

So the meeting was a bust, as always..but the kicker was when everyone had to stay and watch a twenty movie about sexual harrasment..even though classes 109 and 110 had already seen it, we were to watch it again...

When all the was finally over I made my way to my room and passed out, I know I know...but I couldn't go workout as the gym would be closing soon, and there wasn't anything else I wanted to do..so I splet..my alarm went off but I went back to sleep...and then I guess jenny came in the room and tickled/poked my foot and I just went off, cursing and whatnot, then went back to sleep....whatever, I was in a bad mood, I was cold, and my dreams were really fucked up..so yeah, bad mood..

I got up at 10, missing sandwich time, but whatever, I was so angry after not really getting a chance to eat my dinner I wasn't hungry? I don't get it...so I just sat in my room, not really wanting to be social, trying to type with my fucked up hands...oh yeah, for some reason or another my hands are just messed up...cracked, infected, sore as hell...ughh, I just hate everything right now...

There was one highlight I suppose today..it was during class our instructor had a little activity for us..we were told to get our jackets and meet out in front of the building..we were then split into two teams and we were to have a tray relay race..the two teams were then divide once again, half of group A and half of group B going to the far side midway point, with the other two halves at the start point..

So everyone was running around the track holding a tray with two plates, even though we weren't supposed to run, everyone did..at one point the other team dropped their tray, yet amazingly nothing broke..that person then picked up everything and just charged for his team..when he got there he again drop everything, this time breaking one plate...we got down to just two runners, kinda..we had four at the start and only two at the mid way point, as did the other team..whoever counted everything out miscalculated the start point and half point numbers…so I having yet to run, went over to the midway point...

I got there and it was down to me and another guy on my team as runners, I told him to go first..for whatever reason I wanted to put myself in the clutch position..as he ran got the handoff and ran around the track, some of the other teams members started to run out in front of him..he, for whatever reason, would not push them out of the way, and did a horrible job of running around them…when he got to the start point, he started walking around..that’s when the team yelled at him to pass it off...

So he makes the handoff and this girl starts power walking my way..i'm checking on the other team who was making up considerable ground on their lap around...I then started to move my beginning postion up to meet her closer for the handoff...she came to me and the hand of was a success...as I spun around with the tray in my hand I saw the other team's last runner coming at me..so in a football-esque move I stiffed armed his tray as I ran by...this being a little difficult as we both were carrying our trays in our right hands, so I had to reach across him with my left to hit the tray, but pull back in enough time to not close line him, because that's just wrong...

Somehow I managed to keep my balance during the impact, and he had half of his team around him to help him regain his balance, but it still was worthwhile in slowing him down for just a moment...

So now it was down to just the two of us..and my team wasn't a bunch of cheaters...the other team however...that's where the 'fun' started..so right after I bumped the last runner, I had to make my way around two teammates from the other team who tried to pull the same stunt they did with my team's other runner..i blew past the first person in a blaze of speed, but the second person had pulled back as a second line of defense and was able to get in position to stall me...

I pulled back, then made a juke and broke their ankles...now it was time to "walk" around the curve. Due to the fact that both our starting and handoff positions on the track were in different places, as well as we were running in opposite directions, it was a little difficult to deduct how close the competition really was..i was afraid to run, as running wasn't allowed, yet I didn't want to slow down because I wanted to win..so back and forth I went, speeding up and slowing down..as I made my way around the turn I saw a line of people like a brick wall in my way of crossing the finish line...I knew I had a little bit of distance on Team A's last runner, so I decided to just take a longer route and run around the mass..as soon as they saw me dart to my right, like polarized electrons three people ran at me...this made me swing out even further - had this been an actual track or even baseball I would have been called out a long time ago...

So as I swung out to avoid the cheating team, I got ever closer to my team, and better yet, the finish line..so I started to make my way back in..by this time the other team was just swatting their arms trying to knock the tray out of my hand and their runner was just reaching my team's area...so as I cut back in, with my arms outstretched to avoid an onslaught, I crossed the finish line and flipped over my tray, crashing it to the ground in some sort of victorious celebration...everyone loved it

******And this is where I apparently stopped...*******











"We are the champions, of tray running"

No comments: