Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day 2

Shallow Pond
And tag pulling..

So not even here two days and my tag was already pulled, ohhh the people from CP would be proud...

So these days are long..but only because they start so early, well, earlier than what I am used to...we had to be down in the main meeting area at 7am today...luckily I got some sleep last night after I passed out sideways fully clothed in my bed and didn't even manage to get under the covers til 5...only to get out of bed at 530 when my other roommates were either waking up or had their alarms going off...

I got a light breakfast, met for the paper retrievals, and then waited for the next session at 8 (yeah, it was pretty lame needing to only be there for five minutes this morning but whatever).

We had more information/orientation sessions and I was just getting bogged down by it all...on one of our breaks our little group took a walk outside around the buildings..but by lunch time I had to take a nap, granted I only had 45 minutes to do so, I needed to get some sleep out of the way otherwise class would be killer.

The nap effectively worked, though it was probably the most disturbing dreams I've had in a long time..again lets just say unresolved issues...but I was able to pull through the remainder of the classroom experiece..well I did take a nap at the first break back from lunch…and it bled into classtime, I don't know how I wasn't told to get up and walk around being in the front row and all...

After class it was time for more line forming, where we turned in the last of our paperwork..lots of lines, and yeah we also got our ID's so no more leis...

By that time I was hungry and ready for dinner so we moved on down to the wheel room to get some grubbage..i was joined by the typical group of Jenny, Eric, and Amiee...and right after we sat down one of the training helpers joined us, Hermina...yeah, I wouldn't throw a stone, but I'd say it's safe to say she has a crush on me...this just based on the fact she'll always make conversation with me, make little jokes and flirt, and oh yeah, stare at me all throughout class..whatever, the Bosnian born chick is cute..

Shortly after we also had Scott, the officer, and mother mary, Cynthia, join us...that was interesting...mother sister mary is just soo..i don't know how to say it, you would just have to experience it...I'll let you filled in on this little piece of tidbit, she's a recently born-again hardcore catholic who's out there trying to convert everyone...everytime she sits with us I just start kicking whomever is to my right and make faces...we had to sit through one of her sermons early this morning at 7...we were all just too tired to care and stop her, so she just rambled on and on...ughh, too early for this religious stuff, that's why I don't go to church...

So whatever, everyone rushed to finish up their meals and we ran for the exit...I was stopped as soon as I stood up though by some random girl a couple tables away who started making conversation with me..we were tossing glances back and forth, but partly on my part because I was looking behind her at other things, so she kept thinking I was looking at her, whatever..we talked and she told me she'd catch me in the bar later…back to our rooms to change out of our uniforms and get ready to "go out"...which really meant meeting back downstairs to go to the bar for the first time...

We meet and walk into the bar..and after not being allowed to go in last night, it felt a little weird, almost liberating, like being 21 all over again, random...so the bar is lame..of course you know the rule we can’t blow a .04 or we are gone, so we basically can get a beer every hour...oh yeah, the other thing, we are only allowed to order wine and beer..

Whatever, so we get to the bar and I order a glass of wine, all they have brandwise is sutter home...yaysarscasm...anyways, as I am ordering this girl comes out of nowhere from behind me and ask how much the beers are..she pulls up next to me and the barkeep starts naming off the beers they have...he mentions blue moon and I get excited because I didn't see it out there anywhere, so the girl orders that...we start talking and she tells me she would like to sit down..so I am walking behind my group of friends I came down with, they grab a spot, but we kept walking..and I gave them the "I'm sorry, this girl is talking to me, I'll be back" look...

So the girl and I (breeina?) sit at a table by ourselves and start talking...she's from Omaha Nebraska so we start going into the music scene and talking about that..whatever, she seems like a pretty cool person, especially when she started talking about ghosts, but I wasn’t feeling it from here at that moment…now, I'll throw you for a loop on this one…she's the one I saw in the Cincinnati airport at the same terminal as me and thought, "wow, wouldn't I be nice if she were on the same flight as me, maybe even next to me, or hell, why not going to piney point too"...and she is the girl I've tried my best to make eye contact with because she's a little cutey and I wanted her to notice me, notice me noticing her..but whatever...after this evening's dinner I'd given up on it because it had seemed she had formed her own little clique and I wasn’t going to be apart of it...but they always know when to come back, just when you've forgotten about them..

So she goes out for a smoke and I go back to my group of friends...I apologize for my disappearance and we get back into action...we finish our drinks and decide this place was dead so now what...I mentioned the ping-pong table was open, and we all made our way over there...I think we played for a good hour or two, just sucking it up, playing off the ground but having an absolute blast..like I said this went on for quite some time until two guys wanted to play, and seeings how we suck and were just goofing around, we gave it to them...

Bri found me and we all talked for a bit, and then she and amiee headed up back to their rooms...then Christina, the one from dinner, found me and we talked briefly making the quasi-potential to see each other tomorrow for breakfast date...and as the remaining three of us were just talking about what to do next Eric points out that the cops are coming, which in fact they were walking down the hall towards us..the female cop comes up to us and asks for 10 volunteers, and at that time she is also pulling our tags...we were to report to the front desk in 10 minutes for a random breathlizer test...so of course we start cracking jokes about it, running over to the cafĂ© for some quick "sober snacks" We get to the desk at 1015, still cracking wise about it all and take our test, we passed blowing .000, yay! So of course I make the comment, "whoo hoo, we passed, now let’s celebrate by getting a drink" insert high five here...it was at that moment the cops started busting out in laughter and so I felt good for making a cop laugh..

We did not in fact return to the bar, but instead headed up to Eric's room where he has the place to himself, lucky bastard...we all plopped onto our own respective bed and starting watching the TV. BTTF III was just ending so we had to watch that, and following it was Blues Brothers, what could be better...

Now the funny thing about this group, Eric, Jenny, and myself all claim to be from right outside Chicago, so it's like a little regional grouping that brought us together..and as I said, people from the region tend to find and connect with other people from the region, unbeknownst that the other is from the same area..well you know what they say, "birds of a feather flock together"...

So we finished the movies, or well close to them, but decided it was time for bed..i got back to my room shortly after midnight and my one crazy roommate James was still awake watching TV..and as soon as I got in he's like, "so you were with jenny huh" and starts drilling me about her and I already becoming a Piney Point Couple...apparently he saw some attraction earlier that evening when he sat at our table in the bar. Whatever, how did he notice that..and on my end or hers..or both? Yeah I thought jenny was cute and all...plus she had a pink lay on, and now a pink ID, which I pointed out it would be easy to remember her name since my first car was “pink” and named “jenny”...that and the fact we have just clicked almost instantaneously..like we'll say the same random phrases at the same time, finish each other's sentences, or just be thinking the same thing at the same time...which I totally love when that happens

But I do believe she has a crush on me...she seems to be pretty impressionable, like she'll do what I'm doing, I mean the group goes along with it, but right off from the morning she picked to sit with eric and I at the table for paper filling out, and just joined us from there on out...but yeah, I don't know, it's cute and I like it. Ohh, and fast fact, she's the girl I helped carry her bags to the bus at the airport...my luggage was lost and since everyone else was carrying thirteen different things I felt like I should help, so I offered it out and she asked me to carry her other huge green bag.

So just wrapping up day 2 here at PP, I think things have gotten better, or the amazing night I had tonight just stunted the reality of the situation. I will give it that all the people are nice, and for some reason I feel like I'm a part of some big family, I know weird right..uber cultish sounding, but no..like I'll pass anyone in the halls or whatever and everyone seems to genuinely make conversation, say hello...it’s really a change from...reality where nobody gives a fuck..but I really like it.

I don't know about the other stuff though..i'm still hopeful, just like everyone else...having wishful thinking about leaving here as soon as possible..not because I won't like it, but because I have other deadlines to worry about as mentioned earlier...whatever, there's just a lot on my mind but the friends I've made have eased some of the distractions...and as for the girls...I just hope I don't become some sort of whore and sleep with them all..or get into some stupid relationship either...the quote that threw everyone off tonight from me was made after this guy hit on amiee, we all were just making fun of the guy, but I came back with, "god, I hope I don't get so bored of this place I will want to start fucking people", and I leave you with that..goodnight











"Peace, Love, and Holler"

No comments: